Help I drop my headphone in the water!! Thank you all! It is fine now.
May 13, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #16 of 29
Oh snap! Your SR225s that were modded to look like HP1000s? I really do hope that they will work eventually man.

May 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #17 of 29
Hmm, how about an hour in the oven at 50 degrees celsius? I don't think that "heat" (can't really call it that hot, right?) will affect the drivers.

May 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 29
Let them dry properly. Which may take several days unless you open them up and put in a warm place.
Hopefully they work again. If not, then I guess its time to cure the upgraditis.
wink.gif

May 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #19 of 29
You're one step ahead of the Bose guys. Bose headphones melt when they get wet.

Open them up, sit them near a return grille for your air conditioners fan coil unit or on top of your refrigerator near the back. The heat from the refrigerator condenser on the back of the refrigerator is just warm enough to dry out pretty much anything in about a day.

May 13, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 29
Thank you everyone..
It is fine now...

May 14, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #22 of 29
Once washed and dryed, completely, an iPod Nano. I let it sit in a window for 2 weeks and it fired right up. Still use it to this day. Guarantee if I had tried starting it up any sooner and it would've cooked itself.

May 14, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #23 of 29
Putting the cups/drivers and cable (minus the headband) into a bag of rice could have helped. The rice acts as a desiccant and draws the water out. Or of course you can always use desiccant, if you have access to decent amounts of it, but rice is pretty commonly available. I used this method on a couple of small electronic devices that got a dunking, with good results.

Sort of on topic: My friend used to have a job repairing pagers, and he kept latex exam gloves handy for the beepers that were labeled with the note, "Got Wet". He said he estimated most of those had been dropped in a toilet, thus the gloves for the repair work.

May 14, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #25 of 29
The conductivity of the water is of no concern, water isn't a very good conductor (pure water isn't at all) and there is nothing to short out in headphones, they are just a coil of insulated wire and a magnet.

What is a problem is the corrosiveness of the water, it'll eat away at the exposed parts and make a good mess of it, especially around the driver and voice coil, I woudn't worry at all about the cable or plug end

May 14, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyMac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ha, 'cure'...

Trying to do so, or at least put it on halt for a while...
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #28 of 29
Last Month my skullcandy fell in water, and i use that mistakenly. i thought its over.. !!! but as per my friend's request i removed the earbuds and placed close to my Aircondition over that  night.  god grace it was ok in the morning. Thank you for making such quality headphones skullcandy .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back