Head-Fi's avatar resizing is blurry
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 2016 at 1:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
I don't know if this is something that can be changed, but I thought I'd share regardless.

When you upload an image as an avatar, the site resizes it for profiles (175 pixels), posts (100 pixels), etc. However, the way it resizes it makes it blurrier than it would normally look if you resized it manually with an image editor.

Due to this, I resize my avatars to 175 pixels to optimize them for profile viewing now. But like I mentioned, the 100 pixel avatar in posts still looks noticeably blurrier than if it was resized manually. And I can't exactly optimize the image for posts since that would make the image on the profile look bad.

Nov 2, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Here's an example of how much blurrier it looks.

b6895472_avatars.png

And zoomed in for a better view:

Microsoft Paint:
b2e589f1_zoompaint.png

Microsoft Photos:
f036501e_zoomphotos.png

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Hey, yeah my avatar resize was blurry as well. 
The picture was taken from Facebook as I have chosen to use the Facebook option to create an account. 
So I went to my avatar and deleted it, only to find out that I don't habe the permissions to upload a new one, great! 
So for now, I don't have an avatar at all. 

May 2, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 7
I am happy to report that this issue has been, for the most part, resolved with the site update.

Now, larger images uploaded as avatars are resized in the same quality as they would be if I had resized them manually to the dimensions displayed on profiles.

The smaller avatars in posts are still slightly lower quality than if they were manually resized, but it's less noticeable than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back