Grado Sound in a Closed Can?
Dec 29, 2012 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ToastyWaffle

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of modded Grado SR80i's. I love the sound they produce, but I have a couple of problems with them. They leak a ton, and they're really uncomfortable.

So I am looking for a pair of closed cans that will have a similar sound, but without the subdued bass of an unmodded pair. Also I need them to be comfortable,so I want over-ear cans. I specifically like oval shaped ear pads like the ones found on high end Sennheiser, but I'm open to any suggestions.

My budget is around $300, and some pairs I've been looking at are as follows:

1. Denon AH-D1100
2. Audio Technica ATH-M50
3. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
4. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro(32 ohms)
5. AKG K550

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I currently own a pair of modded Grado SR80i's. I love the sound they produce, but I have a couple of problems with them. They leak a ton, and they're really uncomfortable.

So I am looking for a pair of closed cans that will have a similar sound, but without the subdued bass of an unmodded pair. Also I need them to be comfortable,so I want over-ear cans. I specifically like oval shaped ear pads like the ones found on high end Sennheiser, but I'm open to any suggestions.

My budget is around $300, and some pairs I've been looking at are as follows:

1. Denon AH-D1100
2. Audio Technica ATH-M50
3. Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
4. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro(32 ohms)
5. AKG K550

They don't exist.  The closest to my ears are the Ultrasone HiFi 780 (without an amp) or the better and more expensive--and more comfortable--Pro 750 (with an amp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back