FX-Audio DAC-X6 initial impressions
Dec 15, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #76 of 132
  Thanks a lot. Appreciated

Well I didn't get much information but they say it sounds like a faulty unit. I don't know about Massdrop's return policy but if necessary you can send it direct back to the Feixiang factory and they will fix it for you.

Cheers

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #77 of 132
  Well I didn't get much information but they say it sounds like a faulty unit. I don't know about Massdrop's return policy but if necessary you can send it direct back to the Feixiang factory and they will fix it for you.

Cheers

Did they say it might be faulty because of the volume being too loud?
The shipping cost more than $30 to China from USA. So I guess contacting Massdrop is my only choice.

Btw, how far do you dial the volume knob for your headphone? just curios

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #78 of 132
  Did they say it might be faulty because of the volume being too loud?
The shipping cost more than $30 to China from USA. So I guess contacting Massdrop is my only choice.

Btw, how far do you dial the volume knob for your headphone? just curios

I had to pull it out because I haven't used it for a while but with the Performance 860 and LZ A4 I don't want to go past 9 o'clock 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #80 of 132
I wonder if anyone know what op-amps will be compatible with X6... It has opa2134 in stock.

I would like to change and try diffrent opamps to test sound signature in different ways. It can be changed very easly, but I don't know what are the requirements... to work properly. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #81 of 132
  I wonder if anyone know what op-amps will be compatible with X6... It has opa2134 in stock.

I would like to change and try diffrent opamps to test sound signature in different ways. It can be changed very easly, but I don't know what are the requirements... to work properly. 

Have passed on your question to the manufacturer. Hopefully will get an answer on Monday.

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #85 of 132
A copy of a post from the other topic, mostly for the japanese mods...

First of all I would like to inform you of some reviews/mods in the japanese version, google translated links (I am not sure if noted before):

https://translate.google.gr/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=el&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Flog-yoshinon.seesaa.net%2Fcategory%2F24520056-1.html&edit-text=

https://translate.google.gr/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=el&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwarp999.com%2F2016%2F08%2F16%2Ffx-audio-dac-x6jのゲイン設定%2F&edit-text=

There are some obvious changes in the japanese version that I am really not able to examine as I am not an expert, maybe some one more familiar could explain that.

There is a bit of talking there about op-amp replacements, I do not know witch one could be a direct replacement though without other mods.

I have also noticed on the above articles, undocumented 2x jumpers that can change the behavior of the potentiometer or maybe increase the headphone amp amplification level for some probably demanding headphones, I am not sure.
(Tested: obvious increase in the amplification level, but there might be side effects, be careful not to burn your headphones of damage your ears)

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #86 of 132
I would also like to inform you that there are several devices with different components inside (I have noted capacitors). I have noticed that the 6 bigger capacitors on the board could be of diferent brands and capacitance varying from 330uf 35v to 390/440uf 16v. Im not sure of the impact, maybe someone with technical skills could decode some board characteristics.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #87 of 132
  @freshmind do you have an idea which opamp you want to use in the X6?

Something like LME49710 or AD797 or AD8065 and maybe OPA827...

Actually, slightly brighter trebles, a little more transparency and bigger soundstage will be sufficent for me. As far as I search, these ones could be what I look for.

But again I don't know if they'll be compatible with x6 or not. 

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #88 of 132
  Something like LME49710 or AD797 or AD8065 and maybe OPA827...

Actually, slightly brighter trebles, a little more transparency and bigger soundstage will be sufficent for me. As far as I search, these ones could be what I look for.

But again I don't know if they'll be compatible with x6 or not. 

Okay, passed those on. Should find out in the next couple of days if any of those can be used.

Dec 27, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #90 of 132
  Thanks again mate.

Okay i got an answer on some of those opamps:

"LME49710 and AD797 can be used in DAC-X6.

AD8065 and OPA827 have to be used with transferboard together."

I'm not entirely sure what the second part means but I hope that helps you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back