Fostex T-X0 Massdrop edition
Jun 14, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #61 of 242
A bit disappointed with the price though... Can't really say it's an awesome deal for a T50RP. Isn't Massdrop all about crazy deals?

I disagree, I think the price is very good.

Just the upgraded ear pads and comfort cost me an additional $50ish, that would push the cost of a stoCK T50RP into the$200+ terretory. And that's not even considering the mods.

Assuming they don't sound worse than stock, I think it's hard to pass up.

I'm very intrigued. Ordered a pair as soon as it went live.

Jun 14, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #62 of 242
Please can you do a qucik comparaison between the th-x00 and the aeon please ? I know not the right topic ... :wink:
Love to do one when the burning in of the AEON is more complete...very recently received my Aeons... I post a separate thread when the burn in more complete.

Jun 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #65 of 242
@Bill-P Thank you for the review. I was always intrigued about the modding capabilities of the TR50P headphones. I was always intimidated by them though and honestly turned off by using toilet paper and such in my headphones. But getting some feedback from someone with modding experience who has listened to these and other mods of this model headphone is very helpful. It helps justify my impulse buy, lol. I hope you do post some simple mods that people can try with these to take them to the next level.

Jun 15, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #70 of 242
Don't take my words for it, but I got someone else to listen to this headphone today. He said it sounded more neutral than its measurements would imply, and I'd agree.

This against T50RP Mk.III? Easily this. Maybe T50RP Mk.III just doesn't fit my tastes but the T-X0 sounds much better and more neutral to me. T50RP Mk.III is just... a little too weird and too congested.

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #71 of 242
I appreciate u, my man. Much more excited about this drop!

Jun 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #72 of 242
Don't take my words for it, but I got someone else to listen to this headphone today. He said it sounded more neutral than its measurements would imply, and I'd agree.

This against T50RP Mk.III? Easily this. Maybe T50RP Mk.III just doesn't fit my tastes but the T-X0 sounds much better and more neutral to me. T50RP Mk.III is just... a little too weird and too congested.

Do you happen to have any comments/comparisons between the T-X0 and other modded T50RP (eg Talos, Mad Dog, etc)?

Jun 19, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #75 of 242

That is just the comparison I was hoping to hear about. I have recently acquired the MKIII, and frankly it did nor perform to my expectation.Thanks for the heads-up! :):smile_phones:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back