FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only)
Aug 6, 2014 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

mikolaj612

Head-Fier
Hi guys.

After my contact with FiiO support they told that they probably will not update USB drivers for X3 and X5.
So I made a new drivers for X3 and X5 based od newest Thesycon package avaible (2,23 at the moment).

Files was taken from WaveIO package to obtain fully functional drivers without systematic beep sound.

Shame on you FiiO, I repack driver in few minutes, new drivers not only contain fixes for asio etc. and newer Windows support but they almost always make sound better than older version.

Driver work without any problem on any Windows from XP to 8.1u1 (x86 and x64).

Now FiiO sounds as it should, new drivers contain new control panel etc.
Changelog is included in package, you you can test even DSD (maybe it will work).

Link below :

www.speedyshare.com/tfAS3/FiiO-USB-Driver.zip

Have a nice day guys.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 76
Hi

Many thanks for sharing these.

I tried installing on a Win 8.1 computer, got an error message that the installation failed, a problem with pre-installation of TUSBAudioks.inf.

Can you suggest what this is about and how to fix?

Tks

Aug 27, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 76
Hi,
It might not be the issue you are refering to, but the original drivers delivered by Fiio are not signed, which means the installation is automatically blocked by W8.
To work arounf this issue, follow these steps, the installation should work fine
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-can-i-install-hardware-with-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-8/

Hope this helps ! :)
ZenOli

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #4 of 76
I never saw those info on my Win8.1 PC.

Those info was happend when you try to install old Thesycon package (designed for Windows 7) on newer Windows.

I tested those drivers with some guys from Poland and they work without any problem.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 76
Nope, project isn't dropped.

I'll update driver to 2.24 version in next week.

There some not mentioned changes and generally there is new fuction related to driver installer, new version dosn't require to connect FiiO before driver installation anymore, this fuction work only on Windows 7 and newer (maybe Windows Vista too).

I think is good time to ask FiiO how about driver directly from makers, I'm not obliged to update it frequently anymore, I made previous package to check sound quality and provide some newer version because FiiO did not make it.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 76
Originally Posted by mikolaj612 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shame on you FiiO, I repack driver in few minutes, new drivers not only contain fixes for asio etc. and newer Windows support but they almost always make sound better than older version.

Thank you for what you have done, but it seems to me that the reason why FiiO is not doing the update is not because they are lazy to repack in a few minutes as you did, but because of the license fee from Thesycon, which was probably paid by FiiO for the older version of the driver and not the newest. FiiO probably do not want for the moment to pay again, and it makes sense if, as commonly done with this kind of licenses, the fee is linked to a max number of devices that can use the driver.

The copy from another package (WaveIO) is probably a violation of the Thesycon intellectual property… and maybe also a theft to WaveIO company (which has paid the license for THEIR devices, not FiiO's ones).

(I just want to stress that the "shame on you FiiO" is not fair and that there are not only technical issues in the wonderful world of industry… Otherwise, for me you can do what you want, I am not your mother.)

wink.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #8 of 76
  Nope, project isn't dropped.

I'll update driver to 2.24 version in next week.

There some not mentioned changes and generally there is new fuction related to driver installer, new version dosn't require to connect FiiO before driver installation anymore, this fuction work only on Windows 7 and newer (maybe Windows Vista too).

I think is good time to ask FiiO how about driver directly from makers, I'm not obliged to update it frequently anymore, I made previous package to check sound quality and provide some newer version because FiiO did not make it.

I am sorry if i sounded mean. I respect you for your work. 

I know that fiio should be the ones that make the drivers, and i will keep asking them about this thing. 

Thing is, what you did was very helpfull!

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #9 of 76
Thanks!
Got the FiiO drivers working under Windows 8.1 but it's always better if it's easier.
Thanks in advance for the coming update.

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #10 of 76
No problem :wink:

I'll post update when I receive another X5, but this is a minor update, nothing special.

@ Galanga
If FiiO made a 1.61 version and they use a XMOS chip they probably paid a fee to XMOS/Thesycon company.
I know that taking a licensed files from another package is a violation but there is no another option to make this drivers, I made it for testing purposes only and to motivate FiiO.

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #11 of 76
  Thank you for what you have done, but it seems to me that the reason why FiiO is not doing the update is not because they are lazy to repack in a few minutes as you did, but because of the license fee from Thesycon, which was probably paid by FiiO for the older version of the driver and not the newest. FiiO probably do not want for the moment to pay again, and it makes sense if, as commonly done with this kind of licenses, the fee is linked to a max number of devices that can use the driver.

The copy from another package (WaveIO) is probably a violation of the Thesycon intellectual property… and maybe also a theft to WaveIO company (which has paid the license for THEIR devices, not FiiO's ones).

(I just want to stress that the "shame on you FiiO" is not fair and that there are not only technical issues in the wonderful world of industry… Otherwise, for me you can do what you want, I am not your mother.)

wink.gif

AFAIC, they knew about 3rd party updates and licensing fees. We have to understand the why that you've clearly explained, but the how is simple, tote support but only give a rudimentary/old driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back