Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #393 of 1,113
Buying from A2A means everything is inclusive. You don't need to pay shipping, custom taxes and when the unit is defective, just take it back to them for warranty repairs. I think it's then that I have to pay shipping but A2A will co-ordinate everything.

I can order direct from Schiit but I have to pay for shipping and custom taxes and hope that your gear survive the journey intact.

Pros and cons but I rather deal with a store where I've build a rapport with the sales staff. You can try any gear you want without charge. :)

I think it's the Rag's weight that adds to the shipping cost and who knows how much custom taxes I'll be slugged with. If I buy Audio Gd 9, shipping will be US$200 by DHL. Just pray that you don't have to send it back for repairs.
Recently sent my WYRED4SOUND DAC 2 to upgrade to a DAC2 DSD cost $300.00USD +shipping both ways to U.S.+exchange rate +customs Total came up to $600.00 CAD. ouch !

Jul 24, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #394 of 1,113
Recently sent my WYRED4SOUND DAC 2 to upgrade to a DAC2 DSD cost $300.00USD +shipping both ways to U.S.+exchange rate +customs Total came up to $600.00 CAD. ouch !

Imagine if I have to send from Australia. Multiply the distance and I don't know how much that would be.

However the question is, 'Did you like it post upgrade?'. I bet you're happily building up your DSD files. :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #396 of 1,113
Yup who needs Cardas. :) Expensive, knot easily and not the length that I want.

So I place an order with Forza Audioworks instead. This is what I just ordered:-

1. Noir HPC Mk2 with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my HD800.

2. Claire Hybrid HPC (transparent) with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my ZMF Eikon.

.... and I ordered a Cherry Eikon. I love cherries.

This Sunday I'll pick up the ss amp then I am done. I'll just listen to music then.

No... before that, I'll go for a very long bike ride..... because I can.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #397 of 1,113
Does not make high difference.

It's not supposed to make a difference. It's supposed to look nice. :ksc75smile:

This is for the HD800.
81-437-thickbox.jpg

and this is for ZMF Eikon.
DSCN0496.JPG

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #398 of 1,113
Now the ZMF Eikon will make a difference. It will be more enjoyable. Yup I believe that or I wouldn't have ordered it. Was actually going to consider the Audeze LCD2.2 but I think after a lengthy reading and evaluating, I decide that this is the headphone I'll pair with my HD800.

I love the real wood. Cherry turns darker over a period of time.

Jul 25, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #400 of 1,113
I have no idea how long it will be for the cables but I think Forza doesn't take that long.... compared to others.

v281 most likely because I like the tone. I will listen to Rag one more time, just to satisfy myself. I was planning on listening to LCD2.2 and Elear on those amps but I probably won't bother now. I have already ordered Eikon. :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #402 of 1,113
If you need to know, you can ask Matthew of Forza Audioworks. He's very responsive and very good with his customers. Plus he is based in Poland. Maybe Lukasz knows him? :wink:

Ok, shall check them out, who knows i may need a pair one day.....

The V281 will be more than capable to power all headphones currently in your inventory i believe. And with German build quality, they are sure to last :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #403 of 1,113
Yup who needs Cardas. :) Expensive, knot easily and not the length that I want.

So I place an order with Forza Audioworks instead. This is what I just ordered:-

1. Noir HPC Mk2 with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my HD800.

2. Claire Hybrid HPC (transparent) with Neutrik 4pin balanced termination for my ZMF Eikon.
Hi UT,

How's this spot for the long bike ride?

upload_2017-7-25_11-16-20.png

.... and I ordered a Cherry Eikon. I love cherries.

This Sunday I'll pick up the ss amp then I am done. I'll just listen to music then.

No... before that, I'll go for a very long bike ride..... because I can.

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #404 of 1,113
The V281 will be more than capable to power all headphones currently in your inventory i believe. And with German build quality, they are sure to last :)

The V200 itself can drive any headphones under the sun, bar Stax. The v281 has 2 x v200 in it and both comes into operation in balanced mode. I am not looking for utmost power though but even Fried the creator says that the v281 is the one to listen to in balanced mode.

As a layman, reading all the technical specifications is interesting and most of it I don't understand. That's not a problem. I don't need to know. What is important is whether there's synergy in my chain with the v281..... and the synergy's there according to my ears. :)

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #405 of 1,113
@mordy that might be the spot for my long bike ride. I need the wind in my face, the sea spray splashing against me as I cruise at medium speed. When I come to a downhill stretch, I won't use the brakes. I will lean in prone position to accelerate faster and hope that there's no big stones that my tires might run over. If that happens, you will hear a plop in the lake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back