Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jul 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #9,781 of 11,833
Oops i may have spoken too soon as i just swapped out the Parasound with the diminutive Mojo - i receive an airier expression as though the haze was wiped off the windows yet the sound wasn't strident nor less musical. It sounded more hifi to put it crudely but in a good way :) There was greater separation of instruments, more clearer outline of the respective instrument's sonics. Bass remains thumping. Gosh! What has @UntilThen done to me??!!

Hi Rossliew...can't go into much depth just now (I hear deep sighs of relief lol!! :wink:), but if you find Mojo good, Hugo2 would simply blow you away!. What Chord's circuit designer has managed to achieve (after many years!) implementing the latest "FPGA" digital technology is quite astounding. And given direct out to headphones (of all impedences) is challenging some rather expensive tube amps, this tech would certainly appear to be the future of audio at all levels (audio being only one area of application)....nuff said!! :ksc75smile:...

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #9,782 of 11,833
Take a deep breath, leave it on 24/7, and give it a few days before you start selling bikes, daughter, wife and kitchen appliances. :ksc75smile:
Ok, I'll wait then... A bit pitchy on the highs, but I'll give it some time; sounds like all the other experiences mentioned here and elsewhere...

On a different note, this is completely off topic but I had to share!

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #9,784 of 11,833
Jul 27, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #9,785 of 11,833
Ok, I'll wait then... A bit pitchy on the highs, but I'll give it some time; sounds like all the other experiences mentioned here and elsewhere...

That was cool! And those look awesome!

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #9,786 of 11,833
Have a question for you guys. What causes a random distortion only in the right driver. It sounds like a slow, quiet pop. I've swapped tubes between left and right side and it's still there. It comes and goes in spurts. Sometimes it's dead quiet, and sometimes during quiet passages I can hear it. I can also hear it with no music playing.

The noise sounds like the pop/crunch of dirty vinyl, only much quieter.

UPDATE: Possible dirty/weak spot(s) on volume pot. I lowered the output on the DAC and turned the volume up to 12 o'clock on the Elise and so far I don't hear the noise.

UPDATE: Seems that was not the issue. I will continue to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #9,788 of 11,833
Have a question for you guys. What causes a random distortion only in the right driver. It sounds like a slow, quiet pop. I've swapped tubes between left and right side and it's still there. It comes and goes in spurts. Sometimes it's dead quiet, and sometimes during quiet passages I can hear it. I can also hear it with no music playing.
I have found over the (many) years, that, with the power off, if I rotate the knob back and forth several times, it will most times fix it. It is usually a small amount of oxidation or dirt-dust on the contacts. If you open up the chasis , you can spray it with a chemical like de-oxite and that will work if it is the contacts.

The noise sounds like the pop/crunch of dirty vinyl, only much quieter.

UPDATE: Possible dirty/weak spot(s) on volume pot. I lowered the output on the DAC and turned the volume up to 12 o'clock on the Elise and so far I don't hear the noise.

UPDATE: Seems that was not the issue. I will continue to troubleshoot.

Jul 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #9,789 of 11,833

They have a dealer in New York City, and I am itching to have a listen, you talk about tube rolling getting expensive, you buy these speakers then you need the whole system by them http://www.mbl-northamerica.com/

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #9,792 of 11,833
Jul 29, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #9,793 of 11,833
PCT, obviously, you don't know how small the spray cannister is, in relation to the size of the weak knee. WOuld not have enough. However, did try WD-40 and that worked but it would always seep through me suit. Good news is, this monday, will be enough time between SynVsc One shot. Health insurance only allows twice a year, had to wait all this month, but this week I will get another injection, under the knee cap, hope he is a good shot, time before last, he was off by a vry small amount, and almost came off the table, it hurt so much. Hopefully it will last longer. Not as bad as it sounds,(yes it is!) when he first takes the syringe out, that needle looks like it is a foot long. It is not, only about three inches. Can't get the knee replaced because of Connor. What you going to do. Pain becomes a factor in life.

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #9,794 of 11,833
PCT, obviously, you don't know how small the spray cannister is, in relation to the size of the weak knee. WOuld not have enough. However, did try WD-40 and that worked but it would always seep through me suit. Good news is, this monday, will be enough time between SynVsc One shot. Health insurance only allows twice a year, had to wait all this month, but this week I will get another injection, under the knee cap, hope he is a good shot, time before last, he was off by a vry small amount, and almost came off the table, it hurt so much. Hopefully it will last longer. Not as bad as it sounds,(yes it is!) when he first takes the syringe out, that needle looks like it is a foot long. It is not, only about three inches. Can't get the knee replaced because of Connor. What you going to do. Pain becomes a factor in life.

It's beyond inspiring to wake up in the morning and read such a graphic post about pain. You have gained my sympathy and I'm sure the sympathy of the entire vast F-A community.

You are right that I don't know how small the DeOxIT cannister is. Perhaps you could help me get a better idea. Is it anywhere close to this?

De-Oxit.jpg

I use that for my weak back. BTW, do you know how long I've had my weak back? Oh, I'd say about a week back.

Jul 29, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #9,795 of 11,833
You definitely need more coffee! If you spray that deoxit in your ears it will clean out the cobwebs and help you to think clearer, in which case your music will sound clearer so I have given you an audio file tip and I hope you enjoy it! And yes I am using speech to text and I don't care what it looks like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back