Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #8,851 of 11,833
What's the psi for? It's like I never understood what pctazhp means. I can understand connieflyer because that's Connie Francis nickname. And I can certainly understand UntilThen. And I can certainly undertand Oskari - it's Finnish for 'I do'.
It's the first three letters of my last name. Not very imaginative, I know, but I've been stuck with it ever since I conceived it to get my first ever email address back in 1992 and I'm too shy—or lazy—to figure out a new one.

I always thought that @connieflyer's handle came from actually flying a Connie.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #8,852 of 11,833
At the rate I'm going, I will outdo Dave Chappelle. Btw Dave's net worth is ~ $42 million as a stand up comedian. I'll do it sitting down, with a Sennheiser, a Yggy and a Euforia... ho ho ho. :o2smile:

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #8,853 of 11,833
I always thought that @connieflyer's handle came from actually flying a Connie.

Oh don't be so trusting. That avatar is just a cover up.

This is the real connieflyer.

Connie_Francis_Gold.jpg

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #8,854 of 11,833
And now by popular request (my mother speaking to me from heaven), a return of the greatest recording ever made as only YouTube can present it in all its glory

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #8,855 of 11,833
I've never listened to the HD600, so I can't give you an accurate comparison. I did own the LCD2f and Sonorous VI at one point, and I decided to sell the LCD2f. Compared to the Sonorous, the LCD felt recessed in the highs and very recessed in the mids. Certain instruments on the LCD sound very hollow (think a bad electric acoustic piano sound vs a real acoustic piano). Being closed back, the bass was almost punchier and faster.

Honestly, the Sonorous VI is one of my favourite headphones.. but it's only 8 impedance, so it doesn't scale very well with gear at all. It sounds almost as good out of my phone as it does out of the Elise. On the contrary, my DT 990 (250 ohm) now sounds so much better on the Elise than my phone. It was this revelation that has led me to selling my Sonorous VI to upgrade to either the HD800 or Beyer T1.
Good to know, thanks! I was also partly intrigued because of their BA drivers; having experienced and liked such technology in my Etymotic Hf2 (now replaced by HF3) I was wondering how they might fare in bigger cups. But it looks like regular dynamic drivers may be the most fitting option for our amps. As I wrote earlier, the sound that Elise gave me with GEC 6080 / Sylvania 6sn7wgt on the HD600 was the first time I thought to myself that I may have reached a significant peak on my gear, and that I may be happy staying for a long time listening to my music on these. That's similar to how I felt when I settled on my speakers chain might I add.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #8,856 of 11,833
On the contrary, my DT 990 (250 ohm) now sounds so much better on the Elise than my phone.

Believe me when I audition the DT990 at the shop, I almost yanked my head off.... it's like the seller has turn up the volume full blast on the treble and bass. Hello? Do we need such high intensity ear cleaning?

Now awaiting the rocks being thrown by all the DT990 lovers..... but I'm unrepentant.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #8,857 of 11,833
Oh don't be so trusting. That avatar is just a cover up.

This is the real connieflyer.

HAHAHAHA!!! Got it, need to educate myself further!

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #8,859 of 11,833
Pct, can you stop posting those awful sounding videos? My expensive GEC 6as7g is burning up double time quick on those videos !!!

One minute of the GEC time is about $20.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #8,861 of 11,833
PS. I once had a friend who told me: "I wonder why would anyone want to end up in heaven; can you imagine the kind of music they'll be playing over there?" :beyersmile:

Please no blasphemy here. When you get there, you will know that all music will sound good and that your own singing is great. Btw you are allowed to bring one pair of tubes with you.

Jun 23, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #8,862 of 11,833
Pct, can you stop posting those awful sounding videos? My expensive GEC 6as7g is burning up double time quick on those videos !!!

One minute of the GEC time is about $20.

Oh. So sorry. I'm confused. I thought you were listening with Christmas Trees today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back