Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read first post for summary)
Apr 22, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #7,981 of 11,833
Listening to this on Tidal HD-Bimby DAC-Elise (TS6SN7-original isse/GEC6080-HD800S. I just don't know how enjoyment of music gets any better

I know it doesn't get any better than listening and watching this on YouTube (sorry for this repeat video):

Apr 23, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #7,985 of 11,833

Elise is not a speaker amp. You can use it as preamp to a pair of active speakers or into another amp.

Hey @UT. Just to clarify. I can use the 3.5 mm headphone jack of the Elise to plug in active speakers correct?

Whatcha talking about. There's no 3.5 mm headphone jack on Elise. Well there is a headphone connection in front but that is a 1/4 inch - not 3.5 mm.

Anyhoo that is not how you connect to your active speakers.

See this picture of Elise's back? Those 2 RCA line out - those 2 vertical ones on the right? You will use a pair of RCA cable - left and right - or the most basic one has white and red. Can't go wrong there. Plug it in there....

the other end of your RCA cables goes into your active speakers RCA input.... for example the AudioEngine 2 .... see below the Input L and R  RCA sockets. Plug that in and Bobs your uncle, you can start to boggle.

but what happens if your dumb speakers have only 3.5mm input? Like this Bose Companion 5. The control pod of the Bose takes only 3.5 mm jack. 

No worries. All you need is a 'wonder' RCA to 3.5 mm cable like this ....

and plug the RCA ends to Elise's back - RCA line out and the other end of the cable 3.5 mm to the line in of the Bose control pod - which is the right socket btw - see picture below.

Happy listening 
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #7,988 of 11,833
Hearty hello again and possibly goodbye to fine folks on this Elise thread. I've put my Elise for sale here for anyone who's interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/845220/elise-from-feliks-audio-in-perfect-condition#post_13445941

PS- is there any workaround to make the 120V version workable just in case someone from a 230V region is interested in it, such as an internal switch or a step-down unit, etc.?

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #7,989 of 11,833
Can't believe I didn't know about this Angel in a Gibson! Got a Greek father too! I'm hooked!
https://tidal.com/album/68737767

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/6gLtAGG2b0A[/VIDEO]

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #7,990 of 11,833
Can't believe I didn't know about this Angel in a Gibson! Got a Greek father too! I'm hooked!
https://tidal.com/album/68737767

I'll keep you company here apsi. When I get my Elise back from FA, she will be as good as new. Thanks for this new music. :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #7,991 of 11,833
Hey thanks a bunch UT, I finally got it done. I was going to use the Elises' headphone jack with a 6.5mm "converter" jack to plug my speakers in, but I guess the back panel is the proper way to preamp? Anyhow, I was pretty impressed with the Elise ability to power my speakers, even though they aren't much, it was still pretty cool to experience and learn about. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #7,992 of 11,833
No problem Richard. That is the only way to connect Elise as a preamp. You do not use the headphone out for that purpose.

Elise is not powering your speakers. Elise is only use as a preamp in so you get all the tube juiciness. Your speakers are active so have it's own amplification.

Enjoy. :hugging:

Apr 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #7,993 of 11,833
Well, I guess I'm the first person to log back into this thread. I had a feeling I was not going to like the new format, but I had no idea how much I would hate it.

I don't mind the adds. They need to make money. But they have buried and crippled the thread function which is the thing I (and I suspect most people) use the most.

The log-in function is very user unfriendly (at least for this user) and I'm finding it difficult to stay logged in without inadvertently logging out and having to start all over again.

The adds won't do them any good if they don't have people using the site.I can't imagine what they had in mind.

When I first logged in I saw a thread where people were already complaining a lot, but I have no idea how to get back to it.

But I'm just a grumpy old man who hates most new fanglled things. :angry:

Apr 27, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #7,995 of 11,833
Let's get this back and running since all the links are broken now lol. Even though I don't have an Elise, this the only thread that posts music so I come here just to see what you guys post lol. Well that I know of anyways.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back