Echobox Audio LIVE on IndieGoGo!!
Mar 3, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #301 of 337
Did that reviewer with the pre-production Explorer ever manage to finish their review, @Gilly87? Sure most people are doing to get a hint of what is coming their way in a few months! :wink:

We actually had to pull his sample for CanJam Singapore :frowning2: We don't have many engineering samples, which is what he was using.

Thanks for reminding me though! I'm going to reach out to him and try to get it back in his hands; we'll see if he's comfortable posting impressions within the next few weeks.

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #303 of 337
Just finished the 3 month Tidal that came with the finders and just set up the 6 month Tidal that came with the Explorer, just now need to get the Explorer.  Will get a chance this weekend to see it at Axpona.

Apr 19, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #304 of 337
Just finished the 3 month Tidal that came with the finders and just set up the 6 month Tidal that came with the Explorer, just now need to get the Explorer.  Will get a chance this weekend to see it at Axpona.

How was the Explorer looking (or more importantly, sounding)? Waiting for the latest update on progress from Gilly and the team so the proper excitement and anticipation can start!

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #306 of 337

This AudioHead interview with Sam gives you a good update.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAudioHead/videos/1060035444041977/

Very good update, I can almost touch it
L3000.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #307 of 337
Hi @Gilly87 will the team be bringing any Finders to CanJam to sell?

I could imagine you doing great trade

L3000.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #308 of 337
  Hi @Gilly87 will the team be bringing any Finders to CanJam to sell?

I could imagine you doing great trade

L3000.gif

+1.  Be very interested to hear, and maybe buy as no UK sellers at present. :wink:

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #312 of 337
I have decided to have engraved:

"At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of the lark"

Part of the lyrics to "You'll Never Walk Alone"

It is funny I dont really listen to that type of music but it is a song I have sung so often at both good and bad times, I can not think of anything I would rather have as an inscription.

I just emailed echobox as I screwed up and made a couple of dyslexic typos and they responded really quickly to said it will be corrected - so thanks!

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #313 of 337
The ‘Echobox - The Evolution of Personal Audio’ team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

Hey everyone!

We know you've been waiting for an update for a while; please accept our apology for the delay on this one. We've been crazy busy setting up mass production and preparing for our brand launch - nothing is ever as easy as it seems at first!

Fortunately everything is on track - we've purchased all of our components and raw materials, and have finally scheduled our first production run with our manufacturer, slated to begin early next month!

According to our current production schedule, you, our loyal Indiegogo backers, should receive your Explorers by the last week of May!

Our preorders and first shipments to dealers/distributors will go out in mid-June, so if your friends love your Explorer, they can preorder on our website (http://echoboxaudio.com/explorer.aspx) for earliest delivery, or expect to see it in select retail locations by July!

One more piece of news for our hardcore audiophiles: after months of R&D, we have found a solution for the PCM1792 that will allow the Explorer to ship with the ability to play DSD files!

A bit more tech-talk for the nerdiest among us: the Explorer will convert DSD to PCM at the highest available bitrate (24/192). Despite our chip's native compatibility with DSD, the soldering configuration of the PCM1792 necessary for it to work in our PCB layout won't allow direct DSD playback. We know this isn't exactly what some of our extreme audiophile backers were hoping for, but we wanted to be as transparent as possible!

To our knowledge, no study or test has been done that indicates any human's ability to discern between 24/192 PCM and DSD, or any higher sample rates, so we still believe firmly that DSD will sound just as good on the Explorer as any other player! :)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us directly atteam@eboxaudio.com!

Regards,

George & Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back