Dre Beats Studio DIY teardown and modify question...
Nov 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #106 of 121
try to put a bluetooth module in but there is a buzz electric sound when it connect to my phone...anyone know how to make it away??

and what is the best way to drill hole on the headphone to make a hole for my switch?

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #108 of 121
Hi Guys,

Very informative thread. Hope you don't mind me asking this a little off topic. I have a pair of Studio 2.0 which stopped working a few days after a bought them, I was already overseas and warranty has been a pain so not going down that route. Basically the ANC is not working, although I do hear the hissing sound coming out of the right ear.

I've opened them up fully several times but cant figure out whats wrong after checking all the connections carefully. I'm wondering if it could be a firmware issue? Have tried resetting them numerous times. I wonder if beats warranty tech's have usb software that would let me re flash the firmware on them or something =_=;

I should also mention that initially they would not turn on so that's why I opened them up, after pressing on all the wire connections I was able to get them to power on again, however after that noticed the ANC not working :/

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #113 of 121
Hi sticky fingers

Can you please share your experience of modification to the studio beats ex demo to fully working.
I have the similar ones and would like to do the same with some guidance.

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #114 of 121

Hi ng501kai,

did you do the modification on the beats studio wired version or studio wireless?
can you share the modification, I have a demo studio and would want to do the same modification.
It has a fixed wire connected to one of the headphones which splits into two, one for phone/ipod connection and other for power.
I would like to remove the power cable and add a battery as you have done in your case.
Please share the connection diagram or photos

thanks

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #115 of 121
Hi guys, just bought a pair of BeatsStudio Wireless 2.0 and I'd like to know if there is a way to replace the built-in battery? Just to be informed in case in future I'll want to replace it. I can't find informations around...

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #116 of 121
Does anyone know how to get these Wireless Studio BEATS 2.0 apart to replace the hinges? The wire goes thru the hinges so I have to completely disassemble them. Does anyone know of some complete assembly/disassembly instructions/prints? I'm really needing something. I have some pictures but I'm a new member and it says I don't have permission to attach any pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
-Alex

Mar 31, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #117 of 121
i have also got my hands on beats studios 2.0 Demo. and i have opened the right side. they somewhat similiar in circuitry design but everything that was not necessary was stripped out. like the battery compartment are physically unmodable cause the pcb does not have the required chips to do so. (unpopulated.) same with left board. (missing chips and ''lanes'')

I am also looking for a way to mod mine and make em more like the retails. but it seems besides sticking a battery on the main ac wire, there doesn't seem to be a weay to mod em any more. (unless you change the boards for the real deal) iv'e managed to get mine working at 4.2V  (only transformer that fit.) which means 3xAA batteries should make em run. don't know for how long though. (to be determined when i get the equipment to mod em.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back