Doodlebug - USB Isolator
Aug 15, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #301 of 305
I am having a problem getting my Doodlebug to work. I recently bought it from a friend of mine along with his amp, dac and M2tech Hiface. The system worked beautifully together at his place but now, plugged in to my own computer's USB 2, there is no sound even though music appears to be playing on my Jriver. The PCs recognizes the the converter through the Doodlebug. When I remove the Doodlebug and plug the M2 tech Hiface directly into the USB port there is no problem. I have tried all the ports and have steamed rebook and hi res files from this computer for 2yrs. I suspect it must be high speed which would make it incompatable. Is there a hub I can use to make it full speed ?
Any other suggestions?

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #302 of 305
What sample rate and bit depth are you using? The Doodlebug is a black and white kind of device.
Either it works perfectly or it doesn't work at all.
The Doodlebug can only support USB full speed operation. High speed is not supported.
Due to the complexity of the USB High Speed signal, there is no isolator that can handle it.
Your friend might be able to help you find settings that work with your setup.
My own setup uses a pupDAC which is a USB Full Speed device.
I have my Foobar2000 set to 24 bits at 48k. In theory, USB Full Speed should
be able to do 24 bits at 96k.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #304 of 305
The player software should make no difference. I use both JetAudio and Foobar2000
without any problem.

The Hiface is a USB High Speed device, I suspect that is where the problem lies.
Again, your friend was able to get them to work together, ask them how they had
it set up.
Are you using the M2Tech drivers? Was your friend using the drivers?

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #305 of 305
  The player software should make no difference. I use both JetAudio and Foobar2000
without any problem.

The Hiface is a USB High Speed device, I suspect that is where the problem lies.
Again, your friend was able to get them to work together, ask them how they had
it set up.
Are you using the M2Tech drivers? Was your friend using the drivers?

It was plug-and-play for me with the Doodlebug and M2Tech HiFace. I just had to be sure to plug in the Doodlebug power first and the rest was without issue.

HiFace version 1 requires drivers. I installed those, got it working without the Doodlebug and then just plugged it in between without issue.

Of my thousands of albums, they are almost all CD rips to FLAC or MP3, but I'm not sure if that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back