Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Mar 4, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #168 of 332
Jeremy,

First of all, thank you so much for creating Dapper.  It has been a lifesaver.  Second, I just purchased a Sony NW-A35, and have tried using all of the available settings for Sony devices, but none of them allow me to create usable playlists on the device.   Any suggestions?

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #169 of 332
  Jeremy,

First of all, thank you so much for creating Dapper.  It has been a lifesaver.  Second, I just purchased a Sony NW-A35, and have tried using all of the available settings for Sony devices, but none of them allow me to create usable playlists on the device.   Any suggestions?

Yep - lets open a ticket on support.map-pin.com and we can get it going. :)

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #170 of 332
  Jeremy,

By coincidence I got my new NW-A35 today (very impressed so far!) and have managed to get it working in Dapper.

Jeremy - I have submitted my config for you.

@HSL8217 - here are my settings:

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #174 of 332

So a few questions I need answered since I haven't done these myself.

What base setting did you use? (What template should I start with)

I have settings in there in some cases to prompt the user to press the button to enable mass storage mode. Some models (like Walkman) only share one location at a time and I need to know this too.

See this:

And in some cases an intro video:

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #175 of 332
I used the Plenue D template actually as that was what I used last.
The A35 presents both the card and the internal memory as two drives and they can be accessed simultaneously.
Mass Storage mode starts up automatically, no need to select anything.

The NW-A35 and all new Sony models run Sony's own OS and they have moved off Android so the NW-ZX2 complexities don't apply for this one.

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #176 of 332
The A35 presents both the card and the internal memory as two drives and they can be accessed simultaneously.

The NW-A35 and all new Sony models run Sony's own OS and they have moved off Android so the NW-ZX2 complexities don't apply for this one.

You have some other settings like "never delete files" set as well... so I think we'll need a few go arounds to get to a good setting.

You have it saving playlists inside Music, I prefer to have playlists in "Playlists" and music in "Music" which allows playlist to be saved and older ones deleted in the playlist format screen. Work for you?

Mar 6, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #177 of 332

Done - please try the usual - Update definitions, connect device and ifs necessary select it from the list

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #178 of 332
All,

I use a tool daily to communicate with others - similar to chat apps like WhatsApp/Slack etc. Its called Cisco Spark (www.ciscospark.com)

I have created a discussion space in the app or webapp where you can chat with me in real time, and hammer out new DAP definitions and the like. In it we can share files, videos etc and also do voice and video calls if it comes to it

This way we can keep this thread little cleaner.

Just fire up the Spark app, or log into the web at http://web.ciscospark.com, and then add yourself to my real-time map-pin room:

Add yourself to the Map-Pin real-time discussion room: https://www.map-pin.com/support/spark/join_discussion.php

Mar 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #179 of 332

Huge news!

I have successfully found a replacement for SyncMate and am happy to announce that version 3.0 of Dapper will hit the app store in a few weeks with support for MTP devices on Mac.

The new connector is entirely free, simply needs to be dragged into Applications and works a hell of a lot better than SyncMate! With some luck we can even make it an automatic install (depending on how Apple feels)

This means that Dapper will work much better with any DAPs that do not automatically show up as disks on your mac and save you $30 and a ton of headaches.

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #180 of 332
Here is a sneak peek - I bought 5 new albums, and synced using the new Dapper directly to the Android player without SyncMate or the need for the DAP to show up ad a set of Disks on my Mac:
This essentially unlocks Onkyo, Pioneer, Astell&Kern and a boatload of other DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back