TOUR CLOSED - CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8.2 and Ei.XX
Mar 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #91 of 246
Tired, just spent an hour trying to get a good seal with these 8.2's! LOL, finally!  Appreciate the selection of tips. I ended up going with the medium sized triples.

Mar 28, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #93 of 246
  My formal review is up and the package should be arriving at the next reviewer's doorstep tomorrow.  Please let me know how it looks in your browsers.  My browser is being funky and I'm nut sure the images are aligned. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/custom-art-harmony-8-2/reviews/18309

Thank you for your honest review. Highly appreciate it!
We just improved the nozzle to make it normal T400 for our demo sets :) so that's something that has been addressed for new IEMs.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #95 of 246
Package received. So far everything looks good, including the big 'Bag-O-Tips'. I've plugged them both in to ensure they're working. I'm resisting going straight for the Harmony 8.2. I've already PM'ed the next person on the list. Thanks again for this opportunity!

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #96 of 246
  Package received. So far everything looks good, including the big 'Bag-O-Tips'. I've plugged them both in to ensure they're working. I'm resisting going straight for the Harmony 8.2. I've already PM'ed the next person on the list. Thanks again for this opportunity!

I'm glad you have received the IEMs.  I'll admit I went straight to the 8.2 and stayed there pretty much the whole time given that we only had a few days to do a proper review.  I did give the others a quick listen but it would be improper to comment without at least a few days with them.  I suggest you try the white/clearish double and triple flanges.  I couldn't get a seal with anything other than them or maybe you have some better tips.  Enjoy the 8.2's they are very good.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #97 of 246
Spiral dots large worked very good for me. Great seal

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #99 of 246
@piotrus-g I'm getting an amazing seal w/medium spinfit tips on the Harmony 8.2. Are the Ei.XX & Harmony shells made with the same mold? I wasn't able to get as good a seal on the Ei.XX. The H8.2 shells almost feel like they are custom molds of my ears.

@Finatic please check your messages, I still need your info. I still have one more day with these & obviously I wouldn't mind more time with them, but we'll keep it fair & keep this demo tour moving 
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #100 of 246
  @piotrus-g I'm getting an amazing seal w/medium spinfit tips on the Harmony 8.2. Are the Ei.XX & Harmony shells made with the same mold? I wasn't able to get as good a seal on the Ei.XX. The H8.2 shells almost feel like they are custom molds of my ears.

Umm... there might be some differences because I don't think that those shells were made at the same time and they are old design which was fully processed by hand, so they might not be identical.

Apr 6, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #101 of 246
Thank you again @piotrus-g & @Barra I've greatly enjoyed my time with these two IEMs. I'm looking forward to finalizing my Ei.xx order & hope to someday pick up a set of the Harmony 8.2. The package was dropped off at the post office earlier today and is making it's way to the next stop of the tour.

(Very) quick impressions

Ei.xx - V-shaped, definitely fun sounding . Tight & rich bass with a very nice & deep sub-bass rumble; I love the sound of cellos on these. Organic mids. Nice instrument separation with decent placement.

Harmony 8.2 - more balanced, more resolution, larger soundstage than Ei.xx. Bass doesn't extend as deep, but still has nice impact. Very nice mids, natural. Would've preferred vocals a little more forward, but that's just a matter of personal preference. Harmony is a very fitting name; there isn't one thing that especially stands out, it does everything well & manages to bring it all together in an enjoyable experience. @Ike1985 said it best in his review - "The 8.2 doesn’t have the hardest hitting sub bass, it doesn’t have the most sparkly treble, it doesn’t have the most textured bass or the most spacious soundstage but it merges the elements into a seamless flow that’s emotional, detailed and spacious."

Apr 7, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #102 of 246
  Thank you again @piotrus-g & @Barra I've greatly enjoyed my time with these two IEMs. I'm looking forward to finalizing my Ei.xx order & hope to someday pick up a set of the Harmony 8.2. The package was dropped off at the post office earlier today and is making it's way to the next stop of the tour.

(Very) quick impressions

Ei.xx - V-shaped, definitely fun sounding . Tight & rich bass with a very nice & deep sub-bass rumble; I love the sound of cellos on these. Organic mids. Nice instrument separation with decent placement.

Harmony 8.2 - more balanced, more resolution, larger soundstage than Ei.xx. Bass doesn't extend as deep, but still has nice impact. Very nice mids, natural. Would've preferred vocals a little more forward, but that's just a matter of personal preference. Harmony is a very fitting name; there isn't one thing that especially stands out, it does everything well & manages to bring it all together in an enjoyable experience. @Ike1985 said it best in his review - "The 8.2 doesn’t have the hardest hitting sub bass, it doesn’t have the most sparkly treble, it doesn’t have the most textured bass or the most spacious soundstage but it merges the elements into a seamless flow that’s emotional, detailed and spacious."

Thank you for your sound impressions! Much appreciated.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #104 of 246

Thank you for your sound impressions! Much appreciated.

Thank you for this tour!

I should add I do most of my listening on the go during my NYC subway commute 2-3 hours. Both IEMs provide excellent isolation. Keep in mind these are universals, isolation should be even better with customs. I tested on an iPod touch 4g, iPhone 6s Plus, Fiio X1 1st & 2nd gen, & Hidizs AP60. I normally run these straight from the source. All files are 320kbps mp3. Volume level was about 40% for all devices with no EQ-ing or gain. As you can see, these aren't TOTL devices, but even so everything sounded great out of the two IEMs. I dug out my E17k for this tour and am so glad I did. The E17k (no EQ, no gain) opened them up so much more. I also tested them out on my Objective O2 amp (2.5x gain default) & they sounded great out of this as well. Obviously better source files & devices will provide higher fidelity, but it shows that you don't necessarily need TOTL equipment to enjoy TOTL IEMs. I'm currently considering the Lotoo Paw 5000 or possibly the Opus #1 as my next DAP. It's been a while since I've sat/laid down at home and just enjoyed a good listen, but my participation in this tour with these two wonderful earphones has renewed my appreciation for this.

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #105 of 246
  Have been busy lately but as a loyal fan of Custom Art, I just can't pass on this tour! 
Please count me in 
wink_face.gif

Hey Highwind, adding you in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back