crinacle's IEM FR measurement database
Apr 20, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #196 of 1,335

The Forsteni and the IT03 are both cut from the same cloth. Similar style of bass, similar midrange... the striking difference would be in the upper mids/treble. The Forsteni is slightly more laid back and airy while the IT03 is a little more sparkly, though it's really only apparent when you A/B it extensively. The Forsteni has a slight (and it's really very slight) edge in clarity and detail.

Very interesting and not so surprising. what about the fit & isolation? I guess Oriolus has a better fit? I have a VERY good fit with Oriolus Oriolus, so I suppose fit with Forsteni will be the same

And what about Isine 10 vs Isine 20? What is your thoughts about these 2? frequency charts look similar and are very weird! Do you think sound leakage is very bad? and what about bass quantity? to which IEM would you compare them to?
Thank you!

Apr 20, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #197 of 1,335
  Nice work Crinnacle! From the many iems you've measured, Is there one that has a similar sound signature to Andromeda but with more sub and mid bass? Thanks!

More a suggestion than a statement, but the first thing that comes to mind would be the FitEar 334 335.

Originally Posted by cocolinho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very interesting and not so surprising. what about the fit & isolation? I guess Oriolus has a better fit? I have a VERY good fit with Oriolus Oriolus, so I suppose fit with Forsteni will be the same

And what about Isine 10 vs Isine 20? What is your thoughts about these 2? frequency charts look similar and are very weird! Do you think sound leakage is very bad? and what about bass quantity? to which IEM would you compare them to?
Thank you!

Personally the IT03 fit better. If the Oriolus2 fits you well I guess it's safe to assume that the Forsteni would as well.

I think I prefer the iSine 20 for its cleaner sound but it's been a long time since I last heard it. Most semi-open designs would definitely measure differently from the traditional isolating IEM designs (see also: FAD LAB II). Sound leakage is rather bad but it's really kind of the point; bass quantity is neutral and I think I'd liken the emphasis to something like the VSonic GR07.

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #200 of 1,335
Finally managed to log in. Transition periods are always rough but damn, this was pretty bad.

No more compensated graphs unless specifically requested. Here are some fresh curves.

Audiofly AF160
yIDiShD.png

Audio Technica ATH-CKS1100iS
4JBSavW.jpg

FitEar Malomane
lnrULvm.jpg

FitEar Private 223
Xx6UUfq.jpg

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #201 of 1,335
I hear you regarding the transition, man!

Anyway, I wanted to let people know that I've been secretly measuring some IEM and will start posting FR Curves again soon. I'll probably just use AudioTools, though. I'm much more comfortable with that app and prefer adding in a reference-type IEM like Orion for comparative purposes.

Coming up soon will be Lime Ears LE2, LE3SW, & Aether Switch plus Rhapsodio Galaxy v2. In the near-ish future, I'll also be getting in AAW & Hidition lineups + 64Audio's new TOTL IEM.

Stay tuned...

May 2, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #202 of 1,335
Not quite the same as the rest of the thread, but I wanted to show you guys another way I use my Dayton IMM06.

Some guys in the Shanling M2s thread wanted to know how much is 4.7 Ohm output impedance affects frequency response, so I measured a few IEM I knew might be impacted. All had slight attenuation in the bass region, but not too bad honestly. In real world experience, I'm enjoying them with M2s.

IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG

May 5, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #203 of 1,335
Hat's off to Crinacle, NMatheis and others. Exceptional thread, I've just read through it all. It would seem immensely beneficial to me and anyone just getting started measuring if we could have all the 100% accurate graphs in one place instead of spread all over, by 100% accurate I mean; Tyll, Ken, Jude, etc.

Right now I own the A12, A18, VMODA CF2's, Archeer A225's and soon to be here EE Zeus XR's. It would seem none of those have been measured precisely on expensive setups so I have no starting point for calibrating my own setup. In the beginning I will be focusing on IEMs only and mastering that first but eventually I would like to jerry rig (as Brooko has done) a headphone measuring setup as well.

Speaking of setups, I am not so much interested in portability but accuracy and ease. I have a MacBook pro that I can run windows on via parallels if necessary. I'm unsure whether to go ARTA, REW, Veritas or IMM06. Im thinking Arta and Veritas as it seems more accurate if one is willing to sacrifice portability.

May 8, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #204 of 1,335
REQ Wizard is easier to use than Arta, is free and you can save and load a whole lot easier. I've posted suggested setup pics in my gallery if you're interested.

May 22, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #205 of 1,335
A suggestion for making these measurements more interesting: subtract the Etymotic ER-4 from the results and add the diffuse field correction curve for 711 coupler. The ER-4 is close enough to the DF response to get pretty close estimates of real coupler measurements that way.

May 28, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #206 of 1,335
@nmatheis, I'm very interested in seeing those Hidition measurements!

May 30, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #207 of 1,335
I'm back home, and thus time for a much-missed update. Pretty huge catalogue of IEMs this round so no posting of images, just links. Special thanks Zeppelin and Co for the equipment and to Erei (of JYRAB, instagram here) for letting me touch his amazing Ocharaku collection for the database.

Advanced M3 (wired)

Advanced M4
Advanced Evo X
Audio Technica ATH-CKR10
Beyerdynamic Xelento
Dita Dream
KZ ZST
64 Audio U4-SE
Unique Melody MacBeth
Oriolus Forsteni (remeasure)
StereoPravada SB7
Simgot EN700
Carbo Tenore
Sony XBA-A3
Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE
Ocharaku Flat-4 KAEDE Type II
Ocharaku Flat-4 AKAZAKURA Plus
Ocharaku Flat-4 AKAKEYAKI
Ocharaku Flat-4 Ti Plus
Ocharaku Flat 4 Nami
Ocharaku Donguri-Keyaki
Ocharaku Donguri Ti Plus
Final Audio Design Heaven VII
Final Audio Design E2000
Final Audio Design E3000
Final Audio Design LAB I

Notes and impressions:
  • Very impressed with the Evo X. Easily the best Bluetooth IEM I've heard to date, beating out even the acclaimed Jaybirds X3 from memory.
  • Dita Dream, as much as I was hyping myself up to love them, did not impress. The amazing bass was but a consolation for its metallic treble and harsh midrange.
  • 64 Audio's U4-SE came as a surprise to me. Balanced sound with meaty bass that ticked all my boxes. Another recommended item for me.
  • Unique Melody MacBeth came as an even bigger surprise. Extremely clean and clear sounding with the proper texturing of dynamic bass. Highly recommended.
  • AKG N40 is a worthy successor to the K3003 at a lower price point. The filter system is a big plus in my book as well. Relatively clean sounding and a solid choice at its price.
  • StereoPravada SB7. That weird shrink-wrapped Russian monstrosity. Poor fit and ergonomics are huge point-dockers despite the excuses they may give. Clean sounding with decently balanced tonality, however it is rather bright and not to my preferences. Touted as having a "natural" sound but the relative lack of bass and treble emphasis indicated otherwise. My raw measurements are actually pinpoint accurate to their advertised FR curve, which is probably an indication of poor measuring equipment on their end.
  • Ocharaku's Flat-4 line is pretty sweet sounding, apart from the one black sheep which is the "Ti Plus". Honky tonality and lots of ringing which gives a "metallic" vibe.

More to come soon. Gotta catch up on all the new releases :ksc75smile:

May 31, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #210 of 1,335

Users who are viewing this thread

Back