Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 28, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #9,752 of 33,689
ZS5 are a lot better than BD005 IMO. It's been a while since I listened to them and I only have one earpiece since my youngest dog chomped the other, maybe others can share their thoughts on the mids as I don't want to give you a bad steer.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #9,754 of 33,689
Anyone has any idea about this QKZ KD1 ?

2017 New Original QKZ KD1 In Ear Earphone HIFI fone de ouvido auriculares audifonos gaming headset fones de ouvido Earphones
http://s.aliexpress.com/zyuqaae2
(from AliExpress Android)

Looks interesting with the filter and adjustable vent.

1490565692-1205414570.jpg

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #9,755 of 33,689

2017 New Original QKZ KD1 In Ear Earphone HIFI fone de ouvido auriculares audifonos gaming headset fones de ouvido Earphones

Nice find. I'll be ordering those eventually. While I don't necessarily think QKZ's gear is top notch, I find all the models own enjoyable to listen to.

Jun 28, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #9,759 of 33,689
UFO spotted.
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32817693522.html#autostay
Head good things from the seller about sound.
Now only can wait for impressions...
I'm particularly interested in this one, mainly because it has an original look to it but also because of the description in the details although it's possibly just marketing talk.

This looks nice! I can't wait to see how it stacks up against the KZ ED9.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #9,760 of 33,689
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #9,762 of 33,689

I like the sound of titanium single dynamics, so I would expect this to sound really good.

The adjustable vent is a cool idea that I've never seen before:

1.jpg

Definitely a neat design. You can see with the brass filter that it has a narrow opening, just like the brass ring that was installed in the ZS1 v1:

3.png

So that one is your "bass" filter. I assume the silver one has a normal-sized ID, & would be the brighter of the 2 (especially with a wide-bore tip). You could also roll with no filter at all, and see what that sounded like.

The brass one also has the red filter screen on the end, so replacing w/stainless mesh would offer additional tuning possibilities:

4.jpg

The copper cap on the end could be tweaked - playing with the size of the vent hole, closing it altogether, or pulling off the entire cap altogether (I removed the back plug off the HDS2 and improved the sound):

5.jpg

Unfortunately, this is what concerns me:
  • "Sound is quite good!.. a little weak in the higher bass register. Unfortunately they do not sit well in the ears.. the studs are too short so they keep popping out. I own 2 other KZ in ears, and they do not have this problem. So it is a design problem. Too bad cause the sound is good! sounds ok, but keeps falling out of my ears. inserts too short to fit properly in ear channel. cannot recommend these for that reason. good sound, but terrible fit."
  • "The product itself is Amazing. Crisp clarity on sound and mic. Lovely earphones. A bit uncomfortable and will take getting used to if you're not used to this kinda earphones, but the sound is amazing."
On the "inserts are too short" comment, you could likely extend the insert by using an o-ring or 2 underneath. If that solved the problem, then it would be an easy solution.

There's nothing worse than having a great sounding headphone that fits like crap or is uncomfortable to wear. We've all been there, and it ends up gathering dust in the bottom of a drawer.

I'm looking forward to some reviews once they are in people's hands.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #9,763 of 33,689

I want them purely from reading the description page. I've seen some humorous use of English, but that page has some gems!!

My favourite is:

"The high school low triple balance, it comes from the mediation of a consonant"

Whilst not making any sense, the manufacturers still manage to convey their huge passion for their products and sound quite poetic in the process!

Love it!

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #9,764 of 33,689
FWIW, I snagged a pair of Pioneer CH9T, brand new for $70. Crazy steal. Thanks to @TwinACStacks for the heads up on them. Using them pair with my Fiio M3 for exercising. Haven't given a ton of listening besides 30-60 min intervals a few times during walks and its been burning in for about 24 hours now. So far, bass can go very low but its very well controlled and can punch when needed, mid is forward with great details and vocals, highs are smooth but I need to do a bit more listening and get a better feel of them. Haven't tried them with my balanced cable yet out of the Opus#1. So far a solid pickup, undecided yet if they are worth the $129 sound wise but build wise they fit the price easily. They feel solid, love the woven cable.

Jun 28, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #9,765 of 33,689
I want them purely from reading the description page. I've seen some humorous use of English, but that page has some gems!!

My favourite is:

"The high school low triple balance, it comes from the mediation of a consonant"

Whilst not making any sense, the manufacturers still manage to convey their huge passion for their products and sound quite poetic in the process!

Love it!

Chinglish perfection:
chinglish5.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back