Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #9,738 of 33,689
The last few orders I've got on AE ended up having a blatantly incorrect description on 1 and defective DOA on the other. I was left high and dry by AE's dispute system. Everything was clearly black and white in the evidence photos/videos I submitted with the dispute. But AE's final solution was to ship it back to China for a refund. Ummm, $20 and $30 return shipping on a $11 and $14 order? No thanks.

I haven't decided if I should just eat it, or dispute it w/my credit card company & have the funds reversed. I don't know if AE will retaliate somehow though...

I know this is why AE doesn't accept PayPal, because PayPal doesn't jerk you around when it comes to disputes, counterfeits, DOAs, etc. AE would rather be in the power position to call the shots and bend you over if they want to, and it seems they almost always side with the seller (not the other way around like on Amazon, ebay, PayPal). That's why shady sellers flock to AE like flies on dog doodoo.

Did you appeal the decision clearly stating that return postage was not cost effective, also mention that you'll take it up with your card company if Ali rule against you?

I haven't lost one yet

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #9,739 of 33,689
There are two Urbanfuns, well three if you include the crazy expensive carbon.

Urbanfun Color - dynamic only - available in white, yellow, red and orange

Urbanfun Hifi - Hybrid - - available in Green and Black only

The earpieces look to be identical in terms of shape only the colour is different (I think)

100% correct. More specifically with regards to the color, the Hifi is green/black ANODIZED, and the single driver Color is white/yellow/red/orange PAINTED.

It is very easy to accidentally buy the urbanfun Color THINKING you are getting the hybrid though. I almost made this same mistake myself.

I have seen absolutely zero reports on HF about the internals of the Hifi being quietly switched at the factory and people getting screwed over. I would think this would be huge news.

It's most likely all coming from the AE sellers - either confusion on their part, something getting lost in translation, lazy copy/pasting in the descriptions which then transfers over erroneous specs, or all of the above.

Look at how confusing the Xiaomi Pro vs Pro HD was. They too looked very similar, and buyers and sellers were constantly getting them mixed up. Xiaomi didn't help the situation by marketing the Pro non-HD as "HD" in China.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #9,741 of 33,689
Did you appeal the decision clearly stating that return postage was not cost effective, also mention that you'll take it up with your card company if Ali rule against you?

I haven't lost one yet

I have looked all over the site and cannot find out how to appeal the dispute. Supposedly there was supposed to be an appeal button, but all I saw after the dispute was done (and AE made their determination) was a 'dispute survey' button. Naturally in the survey I gave them a piece of my mind, but like that is going to make any difference.

Once last year I got screwed out of a $200 TV box this same way. It had defective ram (only 2GB of the ram was recognized, instead of the full 4GB). AE left me high and dry on that one too after they expected me to ship it back at my expense. I am always skeptical of that shipping back too, because besides the fact it's crazy expensive to ship it back I've heard too many stories about the sellers just refusing to accept the shipment and then it gets stuck in shipping hell and may never even get returned to you. I was an idiot for not disputing it with my credit card company on that order, and have just been using the device with 2GB.

The latest defective orders only amounts to $25 in total, which is a far cry from $200.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #9,742 of 33,689
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #9,743 of 33,689
It's a link you click, last item on this page. Right next to the dispute survey button.

http://activities.aliexpress.com/adcms/help-aliexpress-com/file_claim.php

Negative Ghost Rider - there is a survey button but (conveniently for AE) no appeal button or appeal link. I'm sure it's a 'bug' they 'forgot' to fix LOL.

I have 3 disputes right now. All 3 have absolutely no appeal link, and all 3 are still currently within the 7-day window that the appeal link is SUPPOSED to be there.

Screenshot 2017-06-27 at 5.58.01 PM.png

I'm seriously *this close* to writing off AE for good. I have none of these issues with gearbest, ebay, amazon, etc. And if I add up the money I've lost in the last 2 years on disputes in which I've lost and been bent over a barrel, that eats up every penny of savings from buying on AE vs the other eshopping sites. Sure, gearbest is a few dollars more on most items, but there's zero risk of counterfeit goods, coupons and points actually work as they should (I've never gotten a single coupon to work on AE), and returns/disputes are handled 100% better (including the extra layer of protection from PayPal).

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #9,744 of 33,689
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #9,746 of 33,689
I don't know if this has been posted as I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Got some codes from Gearbest. I bought the EDR2 cause they were $1.99 and WTH. Wasn't really interested in the other 2. Aloha to the people I know here.

Clickable links:

Codey no worky.

That's unfortunate, as the cable alone is worth $2.

Jun 28, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #9,747 of 33,689
I purchased my UrbanFun Hifi from here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32736974040.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.VzW6Bw

Can someone verify if this the original hybrid version?

I can't verify for you but I have bought 2 or 3 times from NiceHCK Audio Store with no issues.

Codey no worky.

That's unfortunate, as the cable alone is worth $2.

Damnit. It did work for me, but only allowed me to buy one pair. Guess those codes only lasted a few hours. It was front page at slickdeals.net.

edit: i just tried all 3 codes and the ZS3 is the only one still working.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #9,748 of 33,689
Jun 28, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #9,749 of 33,689
I ordered a pair of tennmak pros and one of KZ atr, should I buy some special eartips or are the stock ones good enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back