Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 28, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #9,226 of 33,689
My choice would be the Ty Hi Z G3, I think they're like a earphone version of the AKG Q701
Thank you for the suggestion. I checked them out. Thing is that those are rather open while I need something closed and neutral (or neutral-ish) like the RE-252 and HP100.

Last edited:
May 28, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #9,227 of 33,689
Thank you for the suggestion. I checked them out. Thing is that those are rather open while I need something closed and neutral (or neutral-ish) like the RE-252 and HP100.

They are open backed but they don't noticeably leak sound and do isolate to some extent. Otherwise the QKZ DM200, Vivo XE800 and Boarseman KR25 are similar sound signature but not as good

May 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #9,228 of 33,689
Can Someone recommend a good single Dynamic driver IEM with great detail retrieval along with dynamic bass? I'm using Shure se-215 which I love sound signature wise, but they fall short in clarity and Detail retrieval when compared to my K3 Pro. but I prefer the sound of a single dynamic vs multiple BA's. Currently I've shortened the list to Whizzer A15, MeeAudio Pinnacle P1, Simgot E700 Bass. Any input would be appreciated. while keeping in mind that my budget for this purchase is not more than a max $250.

May 28, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #9,229 of 33,689
Can Someone recommend a good single Dynamic driver IEM with great detail retrieval along with dynamic bass? I'm using Shure se-215 which I love sound signature wise, but they fall short in clarity and Detail retrieval when compared to my K3 Pro. but I prefer the sound of a single dynamic vs multiple BA's. Currently I've shortened the list to Whizzer A15, MeeAudio Pinnacle P1, Simgot E700 Bass. Any input would be appreciated. while keeping in mind that my budget for this purchase is not more than a max $250.
TFZ Exclusive King is a good one you might want to take a look at.

May 29, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #9,230 of 33,689
If anyone find the **** 6in1 too hard to listen I find this EQ setting brings it down to "listenable". Still not quite perfect though.

20174794c10d-7fa0-48e2-8e0f-f2ad686b9967.png

May 29, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #9,232 of 33,689
I only know the Pinnacle P1 and the K3 Pro from your list.
I would definitely recommend the P1 over the K3 in almost every sound relating aspect. I think there is almost enough bass for me with the P1 but if you are looking for a rumble like with the K3 you will be probably not happy with the P1. Please also keep in mind the 50 Ohms at the P1. You'll need a powerful source to drive it. I have the experience a more powerful source (compared to a smartphone output) will likely increase the bass quality and quantity output with the P1 and of course the appliable volume. But it is still not bassy in any way.
I drive the P1 with a Benjie T6 and I use comply foams and I am quite happy with it. (K3 Pro were too bassy for me with both filters)

Edit: It is not a joke. I truly recommend the Sony MH 750 as well. I am sure the 5€ costs are worth a try. Burn in will improve sound quality/clarity (knowing this because I bought a new second pair to my used pair and compared both with each other). Could not find a review on these but from my prospective these are worth its price many many times. And they have a slightly emphasized (sub) bass response.

Hope some day some of the common reviewer will write a review for the Sony MH 750. I do not feel I am able to do so based on my basic English language skills.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #9,233 of 33,689
I have the UiiSii hi905 and they're very disappointing for the price. There's good clarity on the mids and highs, but the bass... well, there really isn't any. That isn't a bass head opinion either. I suppose if you were listening to just acoustic guitar it might be acceptable. I've tried every eartip I can find but nothing seems to help. Paying twice as much for this instead of the urbanfun is absurd.
+1

May 29, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #9,235 of 33,689
It is not a joke. I truly recommend the Sony MH 750 as well. I am sure the 5€ costs are worth a try. Burn in will improve sound quality/clarity (knowing this because I bought a new second pair to my used pair and compared both with each other). Could not find a review on these but from my prospective these are worth its price many many times. And they have a slightly emphasized (sub) bass response.

Hope some day some of the common reviewer will write a review for the Sony MH 750. I do not feel I am able to do so based on my basic English language skills.

They are considered a lesser MH1 and there is a bit about them in the MH1 thread. I like them too and I prefer them over the MH1 as they are easier to drive, don't require a shallow fit and have way less cable microphonics. The newer MH755 which have a slightly different sound signature are good too IMO, too bad their cable is way too short.

May 29, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #9,237 of 33,689
They are considered a lesser MH1 and there is a bit about them in the MH1 thread. I like them too and I prefer them over the MH1 as they are easier to drive, don't require a shallow fit and have way less cable microphonics. The newer MH755 which have a slightly different sound signature are good too IMO, too bad their cable is way too short.

I have the MH1 and the MH755, the MH755 are a short cabled version of the MH750 that was supplied with the Sony Bluetooth Dongles SBH20 and SBH50. They have the one sided J cable, comparing to some of my favourites the 755s are fairly balanced, have a decent low end without being overly bassy.

They lack a bit of soundstage, clarity and detail but are perfectly respectable earphones though.

May 29, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #9,239 of 33,689
Not enough bass, like big absence not just restrained, did your pair not have this issue?

I just listened to another Head-fi member's pair for a couple songs. They're an odd shape with a stubby nozzle so it took a couple tries to find a set of tips that worked well. Once found, bass was far from being at the forefront, but it wasn't missing. B3 Pro 1 levels of emphasis, maybe a bit less if my memory serves me correctly. Recall them as being analytic with a light, precise, open sound. Want to order a pair but last time I checked they were going for anywhere from 45 to 80 CAD. A bit more than I want to spend.

May 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #9,240 of 33,689
I just listened to another Head-fi member's pair for a couple songs. They're an odd shape with a stubby nozzle so it took a couple tries to find a set of tips that worked well. Once found, bass was far from being at the forefront, but it wasn't missing. B3 Pro 1 levels of emphasis, maybe a bit less if my memory serves me correctly. Recall them as being analytic with a light, precise, open sound. Want to order a pair but last time I checked they were going for anywhere from 45 to 80 CAD. A bit more than I want to spend.

With mine it was missing, like only the BA was working. If it'd been just one side I'd have believed they were faulty but same on both sides. I tried lots of tips and proved I was getting a decent seal. They make my G3s seem like basshead fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back