CEntrance DACport HD
Apr 7, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #256 of 277
It's a USB cable lol. It doesn't really matter. USB has error correction and is a digital signal. Just make sure it's a data + power since some really cheap cables only provide power.

Yep. A properly designed ferrite core USB cable is pretty much all you need.

Monoprice cables are shipped with quite a few high tier dacs.

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #258 of 277
Just naming an impedance amount doesn't say a whole lot.  Look at sensitivity as well.

I would not be surprised if this could though, I had way more volume power for my HD 6XX than I'd ever need.

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #259 of 277
  Just naming an impedance amount doesn't say a whole lot.  Look at sensitivity as well.

I would not be surprised if this could though, I had way more volume power for my HD 6XX than I'd ever need.

That awesome. I owned the m8 and absolutely loved it. The only issue was I used is solely on a PC and after 3 hours no matter what you did the battery died and you had to wait 2 hours for to recharge. I hope the dacport can be close to that. Ideally I'd love to use a pair of hd650 and maybe 800's on it. 

Apr 15, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #260 of 277

That awesome. I owned the m8 and absolutely loved it. The only issue was I used is solely on a PC and after 3 hours no matter what you did the battery died and you had to wait 2 hours for to recharge. I hope the dacport can be close to that. Ideally I'd love to use a pair of hd650 and maybe 800's on it. 

This doesn't have a battery.  It gets its power from the micro USB port.

Apr 19, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #261 of 277
There has to be a reason for this. On my previous 2 devices I use 24/192 and 32/192. And I honestly couldn't tell the difference between them and like 24/96. Under 96 I could blind test tell the difference.  On the dacport 32/192 to 32/384 I can consistently tell a difference. Also it seems to take more power to run 32/384 vs 32/192.  Any thoughts ?

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #266 of 277
Did anyone try DACPort HD with Hifiman HE-560? Is it has enough power for those phones?
Yes with ease. The DACport HD Direct Class-A, no caps in the signal path 775mW, 4.1V rms will easily drive 600 ohm and inefficient planar's like the HE560 which I am using right now. One will need to select high gain, and of course a 3.5mm adapter for the stock HE560 cable.

Mar 12, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #270 of 277
Can someone advise me some good (Not extremelyy expensive) USB cable? I thinking that stock cable not so good, and i want new cable
Can someone advise me some good (Not extremelyy expensive) USB cable? I thinking that stock cable not so good, and i want new cable
I've had no problem with the stock cable. I have never heard a difference in sound quality from more expensive cables (especially digital) only ergonomic improvements such as flexibility, tangle resistance, and plug reinforcement. Anymore I usually buy Amazon basics or Monoprice cables for interconnects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back