Can't play DSD128 with foobar
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ahmadfaizadnan

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I have an issue setting up dsd128 with foobar. For some reason I can only play dsd64. Both of my dacs are capable of playing dsd128 through DoP. Really appreciate any help.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks. But I already have everything set up (I think) but still can't play dsd128 but works like a charm for dsd64.

Hmm. Can you tell me what happens when you try to play it? Does it show an error message or does nothing happen?

I found that storing the files in virtual RAM drives helped prevent stuttering with more heavy-duty DSD. Perhaps you could try that.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmm. Can you tell me what happens when you try to play it? Does it show an error message or does nothing happen?

I found that storing the files in virtual RAM drives helped prevent stuttering with more heavy-duty DSD. Perhaps you could try that.

there's no sound when I tried to play dsd128 but my asio bridge shows that there's an output. no error message or anything. just no sound. Oh yeah it was fine when I play the dsd128 fed from my dap to the dac that made me thought that the foobar is the issue. I never tried any other player other than foobar though.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #7 of 8
there's no sound when I tried to play dsd128 but my asio bridge shows that there's an output. no error message or anything. just no sound. Oh yeah it was fine when I play the dsd128 fed from my dap to the dac that made me thought that the foobar is the issue. I never tried any other player other than foobar though.

So you can see the bar moving indicating that it's playing the song, but there's no sound?

This may not help, but to cover all bases, perhaps you could try using a virtual RAM drive like I mentioned. Just look up tutorials.

Jun 20, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back