Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Apr 29, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #3,706 of 5,394
The CustomArt tips work well with the LyraII - excellent seal for the bass and a bit more airiness in the treble than the CA foams. It leaves the body of the iem sitting a fraction further out of the ear than with foams, but in a much more solid manner than using Spinfits. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Yeah, I was glad to see your first impressions of the CustomArt tips. I had just ordered them when you posted your thoughts. My hope is that the Jupiters suit them very well. Should be able to see for myself in a couple of weeks!

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #3,707 of 5,394
They are actually a little more secure on the Lyra/Vega nozzle than on my Andromeda due to the way the lip of the nozzle is designed on both - they do fit, but I seem to have quite a snug fit on mine so managed to remove the Andro without the tip the first time I tried! Will do some more proper listening this weekend. For the price, the custom tips are an excellent option for any Campfire owners imho.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,708 of 5,394
I find the Vega are more of a different style of sound to the LyraII - they are more in your face and less smooth and laid back. There are certain things they do better, but I see them more as complementary items than a direct upgrade path. I will be posting a review of the Angies at some point this weekend which has a comparison to the Vega, so will put the comparison section on here once it's edited if that helps?

Awesome! I always enjoy reading your reviews!

Btw. regarding eartips: I'm using the INAIRS foam tips. The look and feel just like the campfire foamies, but they're taking a little longer to decompress, so it's easier to insert them and get a proper seal. Highly recommended.

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,709 of 5,394
The only issue I have a campfire audio is the cable. The guide wire for my ears would not allow for proper fit in my right ear. I ended up having to remove/cut off the guide wire which made a world of difference to get a comfortable fit

I'm not sure how other people feel about the memory wire. But for my anatomy it creates problems

With that said the cable is excellent quality

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #3,710 of 5,394
The only issue I have a campfire audio is the cable. The guide wire for my ears would not allow for proper fit in my right ear. I ended up having to remove/cut off the guide wire which made a world of difference to get a comfortable fit

I'm not sure how other people feel about the memory wire. But for my anatomy it creates problems

With that said the cable is excellent quality
I had a ton of problems with the memory wire of my Ei.3, to the point that I replaced the cable. I wish companies would offer a choice of cable with or without memory wire. Or just stop using the wires and stick to a flexible heat shrink. That's what my current cable has and it is much more comfortable because it loops more easily around my ears.

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #3,711 of 5,394
@Asspirin

INAIRS look good but does not look there is a way to get them in the US

Anyone having trouble you quotes on the mobile site?

Apr 29, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,712 of 5,394
@ nealh

Was it fairly easy to remove the guide wire and hard plastic? I am loving my new Lyra II as well, but would prefer not to have the over-ear memory wire. (I was considering buying a new cable from CA, but I may remove it myself if possible). Thanks!

Apr 29, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #3,713 of 5,394
I hate this new site. Ugh

I am trying to make a quote and it won't work!!!

@gward4
I sent a PM and tried to attach a photo to it and here and I can't get it to upload

I am getting a security error...jeez I can't doing anything if the site is set to mobile theme but if changed to desktop theme now I can upload the image

IMG_0569.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #3,716 of 5,394
If you look careful there is a sheath over the guide wire and main wire.
I used my pocket knife and made a small nick in the sheath over the guide wire, first, then extended it with my fingers around the sheath over the wire for 360 and pulled down the outer sheath and cut it off.

Once the wire was bare I used a small scissors to cut the metal wire. Ten I filed the nub to make it smooth.

Not sure if that makes any sense

Apr 30, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #3,720 of 5,394
Hey guys, since the forum is on the fritz at the moment I thought I'd ask here (since the market place isn't too effective at the moment.)

Looking for a used Vega somewhere in Europe. Willing to go to around €1000 with shipping included to Sweden.
Shoot me a PM if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back