Campfire Andromeda, Fitear TG334, Shure 846 or Earsonics SEM9 ?...
Jun 24, 2017 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

XP_98

500+ Head-Fier
After upgrading my previous budget to 1250 euros / 1400 USD, I start a new thread...

Those two seem to fit to my needs :

- real improvement vs my Er4p (I'm not necessary searching the same chirurgical sound signature) and Nad hp50
- good combo with my FiiO X5 + E12
- best for classical, acoustic, vocals
- good soundstage

Who could compare them ? Better alternatives ?

Jun 24, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #2 of 15
Should I consider also the Shure 846 ?

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #3 of 15
Should I consider also the Shure 846 ?
Not if you want them for classical. The SE846 have nice, warm vocals but the subdued highs would make a bad match for classical music if you ask me.

The Andromeda is good, I liked them but I wouldn't recommend them for vocals or classical. Can't comment on the EarSonics as I haven't heard them.

The best IEM I have heard for vocals is the FitEar MH334 but I highly doubt you'll be able to procure that unless you happen to live in one of the few countries that even sell them. Not to mention, even in those countries the price is upmarked by quite a bit compared to the prices in japan. However you may be able to get the FitEar TG334 which is supposed to be the UIEM version of it's CIEM sibling the MH334. While I've heard the MH334, I have not heard the TG334 but I would assume it's quite similar. Maybe more treble due to it's titanium bore but I think it's worth a look to see if you're able to get them (https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/fitear-togo-334/).

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #4 of 15
The Andromeda is good, I liked them but I wouldn't recommend them for vocals or classical. Can't comment on the EarSonics as I haven't heard them.
Thank you for your answer.
Could you give more détails ?

There is one seller here in France for Togo 334. Why do you consider them as best for my needs ?

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #5 of 15
Thank you for your answer.
Could you give more détails ?

There is one seller here in France for Togo 334. Why do you consider them as best for my needs ?
Best mids and vocals I've ever heard on an IEM was on the MH334 which is similar to the TG334. If you have a seller there in France, I would highly recommend to try it out and see if you like them!

Jun 24, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 15
Thank you, I will consider them seriously

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 15
Could you compare Fitear 334 and Andromeda ( and maybe Shure 846) ?

Jun 25, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #8 of 15
Could you compare Fitear 334 and Andromeda ( and maybe Shure 846) ?

Highs: MH334>Andromeda>SE846
MH334: Perfect amount of highs for my preference and was nice and smooth.
Andromeda: Good amount of highs as well, didn't feel overpowering but felt much more aggressive than the MH334.
SE846: The highs rolls off a lot. If you like highs, you won't like these.

Mids: MH334>SE846>Andromeda
MH334: Vocals comes out forward and somewhat on the brighter side, but is buttery smooth. The MH334 has my favourite vocal presentation of any headphone/IEM I have tried. Acoustic instruments are presented very well.
SE846: Vocals comes out warmer but is still smooth and nice. Great for lower pitched vocals (like male singers). Acoustic instruments are still good but it can't rival the MH334.
Andromeda: Vocals comes out as the most neutral out of the 3 but I felt like the vocal presence just wasn't as convincing as the other two. It didn't give me the "emotional" feeling the other two IEM did.

Bass: SE846>Andromeda>MH334
SE846: Now these hit hard. If you like bass, these are insane especially for when the song calls for it. However, you have to make sure to get a very good seal because if you don't you lose out a lot.
Andromeda: These have a nice tilt on the bass, while they don't hit as hard as the SE846, they are definitely as detailed and well presented.
MH334: Uh these barely have any bass. Not much else I can say. They are well defined though.

Soundstage: Andromeda>MH334>SE846

Imaging: MH334>Andromeda>SE846

Tonality
Andromeda: Balanced (bit of a v-shaped tilt)
MH334: Slightly Mid/Treble forward
SE846: Warm/Bassy

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt as your preferences and ears may be different. I have also spent a lot more time with the MH334 and SE846 (due to my initial impressions during demo), so my judgement may have been more skewed towards those two.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #9 of 15
Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and should be taken with a grain of salt as your preferences and ears may be different. I have also spent a lot more time with the MH334 and SE846 (due to my initial impressions during demo), so my judgement may have been more skewed towards those two.

Thank you very much for this extensive answer :)
Do other ears have the same feeling ? :wink:

Jun 25, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #11 of 15
If you don't mind used. You can find something like the u12 for $900-$1000 and the empire ears non Adel Zeus for like $1200.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #12 of 15
I finally orderer Togo 334. Thank you all for your help :)

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #14 of 15
Enjoy your purchase mate. But as a SE846 owner I can tell you that Shure in-ears in general are fantastic for classical music. Especially SE846 has terrific frequency response along whole spectrum. We listened through so many cheap in-ears during our lives. Those cheap in-ears or ear-buds commonly have too much treble so we tend to expect to hear treble in that way. There is nothing you can miss with SE846 actually you will hear a lot of micro details.

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #15 of 15
Congrats! Hope you enjoy them :)
After 3 months, I can really confirm I enjoy them, so thank you again for your advices that helped me in my final choice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back