Cable for Audeze LCD-XC
Jun 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

vigotone

Head-Fier
I posted this in the dedicated LCD-XC thread, but figured I'd put it up here as well...

Just got a pair of the LCD-XC's. They sound AMAZING with the Centrance HiFi-M8 via the balanced stock XLR cable. I will probably be upgrading to the Oppo HA-1 soon, and I'd like to upgrade the cable as well.

From what I've read, the Black Dragon cable from Moon Audio is the way to go. Is that correct? Or would the Silver Dragon be better?

I've been chatting with Drew, who has been very helpful. Unfortunately, the male 4-pin XLR Neutrik connector is only an option on the "standard" Black Dragon, not the "premium" version (I'd have to go 1/4" connector for premium). Drew has said if I order the premium now, I can send it in to have an XLR connector added when that becomes an option.

So what should I do? Go premium Black Dragon with 1/4" connector and add XLR later? Or just go standard Black Dragon with XLR now? Or go Silver Dragon?

Thanks in advance!

Lee

Jun 16, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 14
Gonna bump this and also add that Q Audio Silk and Double Helix Complement2 Flagship OCC Copper Litz have also been thrown into the mix.

Too many to choose from! Can anyone weigh in?

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 14
There are definitely more options available for cables. HPL Audio, Charleston Cable Company, and Cardas are just a few examples. I had HPL Audio (chris_himself) make a nice balanced custom iem cable for me. I'm planning to eventually try out a few different cables for my XCs.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 14
I did not like the Nordost Heimdall 2 paired with the XC's. The result was fatiguing and the headphone was in general overly bright. I much prefer the cable with the LCD-2 fazors.  

Jun 28, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 14
This was my choice for LCD-X.  Very happy with my choice.  Norne Draug v2 balanced with Draug v2 1/4 adapter.

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 14
Recently Purchased a pair of LCD-XC's and am really liking Toxic cable SPC with Copper return cable modified from Hifi Man He 500's. Big upgrade in all frequencies from stock cable and much clearer open presentation as well. Not bad for cost of 2 Mini xlr plugs as I had cable already.

Apr 17, 2016 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 14
Have you made up your mind regarding the new cables?

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #11 of 14
Thanks

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #12 of 14
I have the plussound silver w/ 1% gold 'Appolonian' cable with rhodium plated Se 3.5mm. Whilst this is a great cable iwhen running a warm source (I.e. ALO continental) with LCD2(pre-fazor) and LCD-XC - I would not recommend this cable with the XC's if you are running a more analytical 'wire' like source like the Chord Hugo.

However if you're a bit of an Audeze fan, the Hugo with the LCD2 and these cables is big, substantial and articulate. I was shocked, so I took my XCs off for home use and they will be used for my commute (yeah I'm that guy) until I find the fight cable combination with the Hugo. The stock cables sound better.

Anyone have any thoughts of the Forza Noir HPC 7N Cryo and Noir HPC hybrid with the LCDXC / Hugo ?

Www.forzaaudioworks.com

I've been speaking with these guys and they're very nice. There's a lot about the lcd2 on their headfi page but very little really on the LCDxc and zero on the Hugo.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you might offer

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #13 of 14
Thanks Gdurrant for your impressions of the Plussound cables. I use my LCD-XC with a Moon 430HA so no option for me based on your experiences

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #14 of 14
I have Forza Noir HPC hybrid cable with my Audeze LCD-XC with Chord Qute and it is not best combination. Too bright for my liking.

I've got it used for good price, so I risked it, but will go for the pure cooper Noir, which I think will be better.

Still I prefer the Noir hybrid to stock cable, so much more detail, dynamics, clarity and sound stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back