Best Computer Audio Player Software?
May 11, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #361 of 376
It's not about what you "need", but the sound. I'm actually using the most extreme JPLAY settings: KS for the output mode (instead of WASAPI or ASIO) and ULTRAstream for the engine. I've heard that KS is superior to other output modes as far as the technical things it does. I've never heard a difference between KS, WASAPI, and ASIO themselves in the same player.

But like I said, JPLAYmini in Hibernate mode (and the aforementioned settings) sounds noticeably better on my current system than foobar2000 with WASAPI or ASIO. Every time I've compared a track for the past day, my general reaction is awe for the former and disappointment for the latter.

It cripples the functionality too much with the Hibernate mode. That's why some revert to streamers rather than crippling their PC to achieve the same quality.

May 11, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #362 of 376
It cripples the functionality too much with the Hibernate mode. That's why some revert to streamers rather than crippling their PC to achieve the same quality.

Yep, those (network players, music servers, and the like) have been discussed occasionally in this thread. But it's nice to get improvements in sound quality without spending anything. (I'm using the free trial of JPLAY, which never expires and only inserts a few seconds of silence every few minutes, and I already had a USB flash drive.) I'm still upset about it, though, because I wasn't expecting it to sound any better, and it's a pain to use it.

Oct 12, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #363 of 376
For everyone reading this..Tried it all and found that What player sounds best by far for pcm on local storage. Its just more analog. If you like analytical then use ao, fidelizer, project lasso and win2019 datacenter. For tidal, spotify streaming this setup its best of all with only 400 threads active (maybe less if setup right). Goodbye win 10 and all older Os.

But if you want to go for analog sounding pcm just use wtfplayer on linux. But thats just my and lot of friends opinion. I would just say try it as its free also and report what you think of it.

Its so strange that this player isnt advertised more.

Keep on the good work, wtfplayer, fidelizer and ao optimizer. You are all respected by me on your own terain and changed computer audio forever. Regards, Glenn, a system admin for over 15 years.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #364 of 376
For everyone reading this..Tried it all and found that What player sounds best by far for pcm on local storage. Its just more analog. If you like analytical then use ao, fidelizer, project lasso and win2019 datacenter. For tidal, spotify streaming this setup its best of all with only 400 threads active (maybe less if setup right). Goodbye win 10 and all older Os.

But if you want to go for analog sounding pcm just use wtfplayer on linux. But thats just my and lot of friends opinion. I would just say try it as its free also and report what you think of it.

Its so strange that this player isnt advertised more.

Keep on the good work, wtfplayer, fidelizer and ao optimizer. You are all respected by me on your own terain and changed computer audio forever. Regards, Glenn, a system admin for over 15 years.

Wtfplay is the best I've heard too. For a windows alternative, I'll recommend you to try PlayPCMWin, Hysolid, albumplayer. I'll also recommend setting up a RAMDisk using tools like the one from AMD. You could also try xxhighend (if you can get it to work).

Yep, those (network players, music servers, and the like) have been discussed occasionally in this thread. But it's nice to get improvements in sound quality without spending anything. (I'm using the free trial of JPLAY, which never expires and only inserts a few seconds of silence every few minutes, and I already had a USB flash drive.) I'm still upset about it, though, because I wasn't expecting it to sound any better, and it's a pain to use it.
Is there any setup guide for jplay? I tried it earlier once but I think I failed to set it up properly.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #365 of 376
Fidelia is amazing sound-wise, but current version has issues.

I have contacted developers and they say update is expected in a matter of days.

Dec 24, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #366 of 376
Dec 25, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #367 of 376
I want to know if there are any audiophile quality players for chrome?

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #369 of 376
Jan 19, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #371 of 376
Fidelia is amazing sound-wise, but current version has issues.

I have contacted developers and they say update is expected in a matter of days.

Update is out in App Store

Jan 21, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #372 of 376
Yeah - using it this way keeps one aware of the directory structure on the HDD . I right-click ( windows ) on folder and select " play in winamp " . I also don't create playlists ( or save them ) , The playlist window just shows what's cued up to play .
I get confused by software. My soft brain allows only file structures and winamp, foobar, and the like. Sounds fine to me.

Jan 28, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #373 of 376
Your not playing FLAC files from iTunes. iTunes does not do FLAC. It will do AIFF, ALAC, AAC, WAV. and maybe MP3 but not FLAC.

Media Leap allows the uploading and streaming of MP3, Ogg, and FLAC files.

I've only been using this app https://medialeap.com/ for a little while, but I am very impressed. This is exactly what I was looking for: a fully-featured service to manage my music library on the cloud. I'm so glad I found this, it does everything I need and is as good.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #374 of 376
Feb 12, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #375 of 376

Users who are viewing this thread

Back