Audio-Opus OPUS #11
Feb 10, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #137 of 229
Which DAPs have you used #11 with @peter123
? It isn't really in my use case to pair #11 with a DAP. With a phone or computer for sure, but I haven't used it with a DAP yet. Might try with Shanling M1, but I'm pretty happy with that paired up with my Mojo...

The M1 only really but I wouldn't expect changing volume would be difficult on other DAPs either. I agree with you though that the #11 pairs up nicely with phones.

Feb 10, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #138 of 229
The M1 only really but I wouldn't expect changing volume would be difficult on other DAPs either. I agree with you though that the #11 pairs up nicely with phones.

With my OnePlus 3, volume is pretty low with all music apps with the exception of UAPP. The other music apps also have very noticeable jumps in volume when volume buttons are pressed. With UAPP, I get potential for much lost volume and smoother volume adjustment with no noticeable steps when volume increments are set to 100.

Is volume adjustment smooth with the M1 peter123? Are there noticeable jumps in volume?

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #139 of 229
At the IT fare in Singapore at the moment. Demoed the x5 gen 3 among a few others. Pretty good....but the #11 is still winnning the day in terms of portability for sound quality ratio.

For those of you that haven't upgraded to v1.07 / 1.08 of the firmware yet - I can confrim that theBit has addressed the volume auto pumping up max and killing your ears when first plugged in issue. Now the volume is only like 92 % when plugging in and accessing Neutron (and I presume other direct driver apps).

Good job theBit for thinking about usability.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:17 AM Post #141 of 229
Interesting read. Thanks
I listen on my LG v20 phone.
Would the firmware be relevant in my scenario as well.
Apologies for ignorance but I haven't read much on updating firmware ar all.

Sure. Pretty sure the firmware update will help. As long as you're using neutron / a USB drive to driver player.

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #148 of 229
I use Spotify and send the signal out OTG. Not using any other software besides Spotify app

1. unplug the external DAC  from the device
2. start playing music in Spotify; music will come out from device's loudspeaker.
3. set Spotify/device volume to mid or low level to avoid sudden burst later on.
4. plug in earphone to the external DAC, and then plug in the DAC to the device while Spotify is still playing.
5. Wait for few seconds, and then music output will switch from device loudspeaker to earphone via DAC.

via spotify

Apr 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #150 of 229
Is there a way to get line out from this DAC? EDIT: nevermind, I found the answer
Is camera connection kit needed to plug this thing into iOS device?
Has anyone compared it with Xduoo XD-05 and Dragonfly Red? They all are the same price where I live and I have no way to audition them myself :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back