ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jun 26, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #3,826 of 9,716
It's different for each country. In Finland it's VAT + customs tax. In the case of headphones that's 25,5% of the whole value.
Thank-you ... I get the feeling it's the same kind of calculation for France ... aren't the tariffs the same across the whole EU ? ... although VAT may vary a bit ... plus customs clearance charges by DHL presumably ... that's a quite a considerable amount more ($325 for Eikon) !! I have previously bought Schiit gear from a dealer in Europe and the end price to me was much more like a currency translation.... certainly not a big jump. I guess they got a discount and passed some of that on to keep the product price competitive.

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #3,827 of 9,716
You might be right about the tariffs, I haven't looked into it. Don't let DHL handle customs clearance if you can do it yourself. Not sure what the system is like in your country, in Finland it can be done online in like 5 minutes which is pretty great. Not that paying all those taxes is that great. D:

The Schiit distributors probably buy in large volumes so they get a cheaper price per unit.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,829 of 9,716
I've finished up my compiled thoughts on the Eikon Atticus and my TH X00 and Modded W1000X,

Compiled this chart from the written impressions in the charts I posted earlier. I'll have more impressions, for each of the 6 sections later. For now I'm still editing

9Ywg61L.png

Jun 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #3,830 of 9,716
I've finished up my compiled thoughts on the Eikon Atticus and my TH X00 and Modded W1000X,

Compiled this chart from the written impressions in the charts I posted earlier. I'll have more impressions, for each of the 6 sections later. For now I'm still editing

9Ywg61L.png

GREAT Job! Love the chart and your previous detailed impressions. Awesome work.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,832 of 9,716
@Mshenay

Excellent comparison! With this, however, which do you like better (subjectively) between the Atticus and Eikon?

Subjectively... I like the Eikon more.
And a question for you guys, when you see the labels at the bottom, do you assume the value or length relates to quantity or quality? I'm thinking I may need to label the side with Qualitative Score, just to make sure people don't assume the Eikon has MORE bass than the Atticus, because the Atticus has more bass actually

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,833 of 9,716
And a question for you guys, when you see the labels at the bottom, do you assume the value or length relates to quantity or quality? I'm thinking I may need to label the side with Qualitative Score, just to make sure people don't assume the Eikon has MORE bass than the Atticus, because the Atticus has more bass actually

The graph (to me) is a bit vague. I assumed it was a measure of quantitative performance relating to your personal objective reference.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,834 of 9,716

Ultimately it's unclear, but I think the first instinct for most people is to assume quantity when you show a visual volume measurement as opposed to a numerical score.

After reading them, I figured out that you meant quality because I have actually heard all of the aforementioned headphones. Without that context, I probably wouldn't have gotten there. I think if you indicate "Quality scores" or whatever on your graphic, the problem is solved.

Jun 29, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #3,835 of 9,716

I have heard both athe A&E,so I know better,but if I saw your graph I would assume(incorrectly)that Eikon was the basshead pair of the two.

Jun 29, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,836 of 9,716
Agreed, I would first take it as quantity as well. However, after reading multiple reviews and impressions, I would understand it to be quality since the Atticus has been described as the bassy/fun can vs the Eikon.

Maybe add a second bass graph so you can compare one with quality and one with quantity? This would show the Atticus as having more bass but the Eikon as having better quality bass? Just a thought.

Jun 29, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #3,837 of 9,716
Agreed, I would first take it as quantity as well. However, after reading multiple reviews and impressions, I would understand it to be quality since the Atticus has been described as the bassy/fun can vs the Eikon.

Maybe add a second bass graph so you can compare one with quality and one with quantity? This would show the Atticus as having more bass but the Eikon as having better quality bass? Just a thought.

Yea I thought so as well, how are these labels? Do they help to clarify, and yea I'm going to break down the charts for each section and elaborate

chart.png

This is a little small, but it's just a draft. But does adding the "Qualitative totals" help clarify things? But yea I can do a quality and Quantity for bass,

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #3,840 of 9,716
Apologies if already covered at length in previous posts...

Question for those of you that can answer from experience:

After listening to the Atticus, or Eikon, is an Ori/Omni still a headphone that you'd recommend and/or own? Either alongside, or in lieu of either A or E?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back