AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY
Jul 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #31 of 36
I have my AK100 modded recently by replacing these two 22Ohm with two 3.3Ohm resistors to match the spec on AK100 MKII . And I think some action should be taken on  the small cap after each resistors. But I just don't know the value of the original one. So just leave it there.
As of sound, after the mod, for IMEs, I have to set EQ to 0 on all band to get a preferable flat sound ( my personal taste ). I think the official firmware applied a default EQ to the sound if you disable EQ.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #33 of 36
  I have my AK100 modded recently by replacing these two 22Ohm with two 3.3Ohm resistors to match the spec on AK100 MKII . And I think some action should be taken on  the small cap after each resistors. But I just don't know the value of the original one. So just leave it there.
As of sound, after the mod, for IMEs, I have to set EQ to 0 on all band to get a preferable flat sound ( my personal taste ). I think the official firmware applied a default EQ to the sound if you disable EQ.

I find this interesting and wonder if something like this exists on the MK2 or 120 as well. if there's a cap after the resistor it could be used as a shunt for stability or even part of the feedback loop. I don't know the topology but it would be and important consideration for modding. If it's used as a shunt, removing the resistor could actually cause it to ring a bit more.  If in the feedback loop bypassing the resistor would increase the amount of same. If either or were so, using Cleios idea of a series inductor is kind of neat but in this case you need to use a lower value to actually create some ultrasonic roll off. If the cap is part of the feedback loop, it would have to be retained with the resistor and a separate path needed for bypassing to the output. May have something to do with how the pro modders use a separate path  In an inductor, the main things to watch for if current and resistance spec. They are often not great in SMD inductors and a high resistance or low current values defeat the purpose. Pure speculation. May be completely of base. Just got me thinking.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #36 of 36
I'm interested in a new battery as well for the AK100 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back