TOUR CLOSED - 64 Audio US CIEM Demo Tour - Tia Fourte' and U18 Tzar >>> Starting May 2017
May 27, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #121 of 813
If signup is still open...I'd love to demo these!

I live in Fenton, MI and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour.
Added, welcome!

May 29, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #122 of 813
Tour Update - Shipping Requirements
The question has come up on insuring a $6 to $8 thousand dollar tour package. So we are defining the shipping requirements so that everyone has the needed info.

Per 64 Audio, we need to use FedEx with signature required. By requiring signature, we are not required to insure the package as there is a clear line of responsibility. This will save everyone a considerable amount in insurance costs.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #124 of 813
Thanks for the update is good to know. A few questions:

• The FED EX Option to be used is Air or Ground or how many days between the sender and receiver
  • Could we place on page #1 a time stamp for each person as that can help with shipment but also status of current reviewer

Jun 1, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #127 of 813
How long do the reviewers get to keep the items before it gets shipped out to the first person in the demo queue?
We are all supposed to be taking a 7 day audition.

Jun 1, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #130 of 813
We are all supposed to be taking a 7 day audition.
Thanks Barra. It would be helpful if each person that receives the item makes a one line post here in the forum and also if they contact the next person in line upon receiving their items. I'm next in line on the East coast after @The Dan of Steel. But I haven't received any PM requesting my shipping address.

Jun 1, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #131 of 813
Thanks Barra. It would be helpful if each person that receives the item makes a one line post here in the forum and also if they contact the next person in line upon receiving their items. I'm next in line on the East coast after @The Dan of Steel. But I haven't received any PM requesting my shipping address.

Great reminder, @linux4ever

It seems worth repeating the Tour Rules from @Barra (in the first post):

Instructions (7 Day Audition)

1. The participant list is organized logistically to minimize shipping costs starting from Seattle. The the tour will begin with the first in the list for a 7-day audition. Thereafter they will be responsible to deliver or ship the demo kit to the next participant in the list.
    • Upon Receipt:
      • Post: Please immediately post on the thread both receipt and condition of the demo kit.
      • PM: Please immediately PM the next participant on the list to arrange delivery (if local) or shipping. This step is critical to avoid delaying the tour. It is each participants responsibility to keep the tour moving. If the participant is unresponsive for all three days of your audition, it is your responsibility to move on to the next in the list so the tour does not get stalled. Please PM Barra with any issues.
    • Issues: Please PM Barra with any issues.
      • Dropping Out: Please PM Barra if you feel you cannot fulfill your tour responsibility and I will pull you from the list.
    • Optional Review: Reviews are completely optional, but greatly appreciated by all Head-Fi members.
      • Thoughts/Impressions: Feel free to post your thoughts, initial impressions, pairing results, or even informal reviews or comparisons right here on this thread.
      • Formal Reviews: While you are welcome to post formal reviews on this thread, they are often more manageable if you use the Head-Fi review functionality and post a link here for people to follow.
    • Shipping Requirements: Per 64 Audio, we need to use FedEx with signature required. By requiring signature, we are not required to insure the package as there is a clear line of responsibility. This will save everyone a considerable amount in insurance costs.

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #132 of 813
DAMN YOU TIA FOURTE!

I'm LOVING this. Props to nmatheis for recommending a transparent source (Aune M1s). I have never used so many shouts in any post. I think I found my audio nirvana/heaven.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #134 of 813
DAMN YOU TIA FOURTE!

I'm LOVING this. Props to nmatheis for recommending a transparent source (Aune M1s). I have never used so many shouts in any post. I think I found my audio nirvana/heaven.

64 Audio might really be on to something with these Tia open BA drivers.

Can you guys stop teasing already:beerchug:

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #135 of 813
64 Audio might really be on to something with these Tia open BA drivers.

Having heard Fourte, U18 and A18, I believe the Tia drivers also play a role in the apparent speed of the IEM, all 3 did a very good job maintain detail and especially rhythm and timbre in fast passages. I can't say 100% for sure if it's the Tia drivers or something else since there is a lot happening in these IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back