5.1/7.1 Headphones for 100-150 Eur?
Dec 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

therock003

100+ Head-Fier
I know that everybody says they're no much for a surround setup but nonetheless i'm looking for 5.1+ headphones for use in movies and PC/PS3 gaming. I was looking at reviews for such headset for PC but most products werent appealing or provided satisfactory reviewes, plus i dont want the included microphone, most Gaming Headphones have.

So can anyone suggest a decent unit at 100-150 euro category? I would very much appreciate any feedback, as i'm looking to make this purchase by Christmas.

Dec 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I know that everybody says they're no much for a surround setup but nonetheless i'm looking for 5.1+ headphones for use in movies and PC/PS3 gaming. I was looking at reviews for such headset for PC but most products werent appealing or provided satisfactory reviewes, plus i dont want the included microphone, most Gaming Headphones have.
So can anyone suggest a decent unit at 100-150 euro category? I would very much appreciate any feedback, as i'm looking to make this purchase by Christmas.

Is there any specific reason why you wont consider a stereo setup?

Here is something I showed my friend that finally proved to him that you don't need 5.1/7.1 for "Surround Sound"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PKdDA_jhgX8

Watch that using stereo headphones, 5.1/7.1 will not do that "better" they might actually do it worse then a stereo setup.

I know you want 5.1/7.1 but there really is no reason to get them =/ It really is a smart move to listen to what people say and not just say "Oh well everyone that knows audio is saying its a gimmick? Oh well, I'll ignore their advice and get them anyway"

I've had friends that acted this way, but with enough nagging they finally tried out headphones and are now spending hundreds of dollars on stereo equipment for gaming.

My suggestion: Try out a nice stereo headphone and if you don't think its good enough for you, return it and get a 5.1/7.1 No harm done.

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #3 of 5
THAT video is so scary. I thought someone was knocking on my window. It's like 1 am in my timezone

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
THAT video is so scary. I thought someone was knocking on my window. It's like 1 am in my timezone

Heh..... the first time I saw/heard it I was in shock O_O Amazed by what headphones could do xD

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Heh..... the first time I saw/heard it I was in shock O_O Amazed by what headphones could do xD

I also believe the HE-500 does a very good job on this. They seem so more natural and realistic than most other 'phones I have tried

Users who are viewing this thread

Back