2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #691 of 693
Hi Guys,

Paul from Highend Headphones / HiFi Lounge Here, Both Wendy and myself just wanted to thank everyone that came along yesterday and made the whole day so much fun, in all honesty we really didn't know what to expect but it really couldn't have been any better with a good turnout and a really great bunch of enthusiast that helped make the day fly by, great to see some familiar faces who have been along to the shops but also to meet some new guys.

As a side point it was nice to make a few sales so thanks to everyone who ordered at the meet, with Hugo II being particularly popular, no surprises there I guess :) If anyone did want to take advantage of the 10% meet discount we will extend it till the end of day tomorrow (Tuesday) for anyone that attended so please feel free to give me a call, closed today but back open as normal tomorrow.

Anyway, thanks again everyone and look forward to doing it again at some point :)

Cheers,
Paul & Wendy.

Apr 3, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #692 of 693
Hi all.  A few weeks ago I was concerned the meet would be a washout this year as there was very little activity on the meet thread and I had received only a handful of PMs about it...so concerned that I contacted the sponsors to tell them it may not be worth their while financially and they were welcome to have an honorable discharge from the meet if they wished. 

Well, top respect to both @RHA and @V1pers (Paul & Wendy @ Highendheadphones.co.uk) because they were determined to stick with it, both explaining how they wanted to support the enthusiast scene and meet the people involved in it. So, I want to say a HUGE thanks to Paul, Wendy, Calum and also Mark @ElectroMod for their determined support of the enthusiast scene. THANK YOU!! I'm also happy to say that the feedback I've received from the sponsors is that, not only was it very enjoyable for them, but it was also excellent from an orders point of view, no doubt helped by the generous discounts provided. Thanks also to the attendees who supported the sponsors by placing orders with them, great to see people supporting the sponsors in return. 

Finally on this topic, Paul, Wendy, Calum and Mark have all expressed a strong desire to be involved in future events, whatever shape they may take, which bodes well for the enthusiast scene in the UK and is something we should all celebrate! I think many of us will agree that, despite the plethora of commercial meets throughout the year with headphone sections attached (which can be a lot of fun as well), the real enthusiast meets like ours are a valuable thing that would be a great shame to lose.

So, in the end, I think this was probably my favourite meet of them all, despite the lower turnout from previous years. It felt like we had the core enthusiasts this year, a bunch of excellent geeks showing off a wide range of gear. Excellent!

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #693 of 693
I've started a meet impressions thread here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/843193/2017-uk-head-fi-meet-02-apr-2017-impressions-thread

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back