A simple but solid belt-drive turntable. Here are Pro-Ject's specs:
• Available finishes. Mahogany or olive veneer and piano-lacquered black
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three height-adjustable Sorbothane ®-damped aluminum cones.
• The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
• The resonance-optimized platter is a sandwich construction Utilising the hub, a fine-balanced medium density fiber platter weighing 2Kg, a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
• The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply Avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
• As. At optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fiber.
• Conical armtube Avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing Comprises four hardened stainless tips in ball races ABEC7 spec.
• ring Ooops very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Design of counterweight Effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 - 10g. Alternative counter weights for cartridges weighing between 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g or 5 - 8g are available as accessory part of.
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level Reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube Allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring Consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.