Ultrasone Signature Studio, Impressions and Information Gathering Thread
Jul 3, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #46 of 118
Sounds to me like they are bright AF then... (i.e. characteristics of an HD800 in a closed-back form -- not good...)
Also, can you post your review here?

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #47 of 118
Sounds to me like they are bright AF then... (i.e. characteristics of an HD800 in a closed-back form -- not good...)
Also, can you post your review here?

Thanks.

They there,

Sure, I will post the review everywhere!

They are a bit bright indeed, but they have more bass to make up for it (considerably more than HD800S), and they borrow that sweet midrange from Sennheiser ie800. I am not sure how to describe it, but I always loved the midrange of ie800 more than that of other headphones and IEMs before, Signature Studio borrows all the qualities from that and is able to bring it along with the technical superiority of HD800S. I do prefer the sound of Signature Studio over HD800S at the moment, sounds more enjoyable because of the musicality in the midrange.

But yes, they have lots of treble, just about enough to make me happy :dt880smile:

Aug 28, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #48 of 118
If I was to get one ultrasone headphones would you guys recommend these or signature dj or pro 900. Love metal,rock,trance,hip hop and classical

Aug 28, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #49 of 118
If I was to get one ultrasone headphones would you guys recommend these or signature dj or pro 900. Love metal,rock,trance,hip hop and classical

Hey there!

Signature DJ has the smoothest sound with a lot of body, bass and a large soundstage. It has sheepskin pads which are pretty big

Signature Studio has the largest soundstage, smaller pads, considerably less bass and considerably more treble, they shine, they spark and they sound like a closed-back HD800

I don't know a lot about Pro900, they have velour and they aren't exactly what I'm looking for :triportsad:

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #50 of 118
Pro 900 if you are only concerned about bass quantity and primarily listen to RAP and electronica. Sig DJ is the better all rounder for all music genres and has less brightness, smoother tonality, with great smooth bass, but not quite as much bass quantity as the pro 900. If it were me, I would try both, but if I could only keep one, then Signature DJ all the way.

Aug 29, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #51 of 118
Ok thanks both. Pro 900s are definitely not for me but the other two is a more complicated decision. They both sound like what I would like!

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #52 of 118
I have ordered the signature dj as I already have hd800s so I fancied something different. I look forward to them arriving tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think. I find it surprising how ultrasone boards are on head fi

Aug 29, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #53 of 118
I have ordered the signature dj as I already have hd800s so I fancied something different. I look forward to them arriving tomorrow and I'll let you know what I think. I find it surprising how ultrasone boards are on head fi

Good for you! Make sure you give them about 50 hours minimum for serious evaluation, I think you will love them.

Aug 30, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #54 of 118
Do these headphones need burn in?

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #56 of 118
Everything to do with electronics does, in particular with sound. Some technologies and materials used is dependant on how many hours, general rule is 100 hours, but it varies, for instance digital cables generally require more hours than analog, probably a weaker current going through a digital cable. I thought my edition 8s sounded fairly awful out of the box, and I was actually happy about that because I knew they were new for sure. Let my Purist burn in enhancer run through them for 5 or 6 hours, and they sounded like a whole new animal.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #57 of 118
Do these headphones need burn in?

Yep, give them some time to get accustomed to the sound. I/d say that about 100 Hours is a safe measure for the peace of mind.

Everything to do with electronics does, in particular with sound. Some technologies and materials used is dependant on how many hours, general rule is 100 hours, but it varies, for instance digital cables generally require more hours than analog, probably a weaker current going through a digital cable. I thought my edition 8s sounded fairly awful out of the box, and I was actually happy about that because I knew they were new for sure. Let my Purist burn in enhancer run through them for 5 or 6 hours, and they sounded like a whole new animal.

Nicely put there!

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #58 of 118
Wow just had a listen on my new beautiful headphones. Sounds amazing. Treble is sparkly as I like and not too high to cause discomfort. Amazing bass too. I had listen to some edm but also metal and it sounded glorious. Very well built and comfortable. Fold away neatly in case too.
Why are these headphones not more popular

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #59 of 118
Wow just had a listen on my new beautiful headphones. Sounds amazing. Treble is sparkly as I like and not too high to cause discomfort. Amazing bass too. I had listen to some edm but also metal and it sounded glorious. Very well built and comfortable. Fold away neatly in case too.
Why are these headphones not more popular

I keep telling everyone that these needs to get more rcognition!

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #60 of 118
Why are they disliked? They sound great only beaten by my hd800s but they are open headphones. I can wear my ultrasone to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back