Taction Technology KANNON Headphone
Oct 23, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #586 of 976
Glad to hear they're that good. Will have mines in 45 days more or less according to the team themselves, the waiting will be long. But as long as they're under the Christmas tree, i will be happy. Just a little concerned that some very early backers still doesn't have their pair, what can mean nothing good for me. We'll see i guess.

I'm thinking as they ramp up production they may be moving to less frequent but larger batches. I'll post when mine get shipped (#56).

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #587 of 976
So, these are interesting...
Got #18.

I have to say I expected these to be bass cannons on first listen and with the "Taction Technology" turned off. You know, usual, cheaper closed-backs are usually a bit warm with sucky bass. Turns out, they are PRETTY TAME! Haven't run specific test/bass sweeps but I'm pretty sure ALL of my headphones at home (Ultrasone Signature DJ, Sony MDR-Z1R, another cheapo I don't even remember) have more bass presence/go lower. Signature seems fairly neutral/bright actually!

But then you turn on the Taction button and ... an awesome boost with excellent tactile response. It's definitely massaging my face right now. They lack a bit of clarity and energy somewhere, can't pinpoint yet but it might be mid-bass, need a few days/weeks and my gear (I'm only using them directly from my phone which as you all know, might not be the best test bench...).

All in all, interesting cans, and surprised they are not too weird sounding with the tech off.

Cons for now:

1) Not super comfortable, especially the pads, but they do a good job.
2) Cable is on the right side of the headphones :frowning2:
3) Exposed cables on the sliding mechanism (not sure how long they would last)
4) These might pose a problem to people with long/big heads.

Will chime in with more details later.

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #588 of 976
I'm thinking as they ramp up production they may be moving to less frequent but larger batches. I'll post when mine get shipped (#56).

Yeah that might be the case, the latest picture posted on Facebook shows large amounts of controllers ready to be set up.
22792204_777997625741895_8215507758084511344_o.jpg

Oct 29, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #589 of 976
Hello fellow bassheads :)
I need your help... I recently found out about audio gear and have now decided I will order a pair of Kannons soon enough.
After hour long research I still can't make a confident choice about which Amp/DAC combo I should choose for feeding these monsters once they arrive, which will obviously take a while...
Unfortunately I cannot befriend with iFi's designs, it's just a pain in the eye - I would however be willing to make a sacrifice if you're telling me this is the holy grail for getting alot of bass while still maintaining more or less clear sound throughout. The only Schiit model I find interesting is the Jotunheim with DAC module, as I'd prefer an all-in-one solution. Not a huge fan of portable gadgets which rely on a battery either.

Can you give me some advice, please? My budget resides around 500$

And sorry for asking in here, but nobody's helping me out on the introduction/recommendations forum :confused:

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #593 of 976
If You can get a used Acoustic Research M2 that would be plenty of power for the KANNON. That's what i use right now and it thumps. A FiiO e18 strapped to your phone would do it too.Or FiiO X7 with AM5 amp They are selling a lot cheaper now that the X7II was released

Bro, how is the synergy with the X5 III? Enough power? Should we add amp?

Thank you.

Oct 30, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #594 of 976
If You can get a used Acoustic Research M2 that would be plenty of power for the KANNON. That's what i use right now and it thumps. A FiiO e18 strapped to your phone would do it too.Or FiiO X7 with AM5 amp They are selling a lot cheaper now that the X7II was released
Thanks for the feedback, glad you're enjoying them! The idea and convenience of a true all-in-one device like a well powered DAP is not bad indeed. It's just simply out of reach at this price... I'd also prefer a brand new product for getting started, honestly. Probably going to wait for Monoprice's THX amp to come out in January '18 or a Jotunheim with DAC Module - this should supply them with plenty of juice.

Has anyone tried to replace the pads? Any benefit? I read somewhere the stock ones on the Kannons are not bad, right?

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #595 of 976
Kannons are here! They got delivered to my dad's shop last Friday. I never got shipment notification, so it was quite the surprise! Can't wait to finally experience this!

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #597 of 976
Kannons are here! They got delivered to my dad's shop last Friday. I never got shipment notification, so it was quite the surprise! Can't wait to finally experience this!

Nice!
What number were you?

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #599 of 976

Thank you.

Tested them out on my X5 III and had to crank

Thank you.

I have so far only used my Kannon with my Fiio X5 III. I had to crank it to volume 100/120, where with my Brainwavz HM5 Headphones and various IEMs I'm usually listening around 80/120. I'll have to try the Kannon on my Basx A-100 to see how much they improve. But the Kannons do seem to take quite a bit of power. They sounded and felt great, though.

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #600 of 976
I don't have that DAP anymore. I think it would be fine but I don't know for sure. The taction tech works right off a phone so a DAP of any kind will increase the slam to crazy levels

OK thanks. I think I will keep my old school E12 in case it is necessary to add more power. I hope not and that using the high gain boost on the X5 III is enough and does not stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back