Night Oblivion Butastur thread
Aug 12, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 340
I would buy immediately but really would like to know how much better than Butastur will be newest Aur flagship because I aim for these
The Ascension from AüR will most likely be very different, being tribrid and tuned more energetic that Butastur. Not 100% sure though. It's also probably some months time before it arrives.

The Butastur is very good deal, and available now 😉

I am also on the thought of ordering Butastur or the new DTE900.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #18 of 340
The Ascension from AüR will most likely be very different, being tribrid and tuned more energetic that Butastur. Not 100% sure though. It's also probably some months time before it arrives.

The Butastur is very good deal, and available now 😉

I am also on the thought of ordering Butastur or the new DTE900.

you are right I should sell Neon Pro now get Butastur and wait for Ascention and then sell SR8

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #19 of 340
you are right I should sell Neon Pro now get Butastur and wait for Ascention and then sell SR8

Butastur isn't a better NP if that's what you're looking for...!

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 340
Selling the Neon Pro?
I have never heard a worse idea in my entire life... 😅

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #21 of 340

At least wait for more impressions! I'm sure a lot more people will be getting theirs soon.

Aug 14, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #23 of 340
Butastur keeping me company at work today. While I wait patiently for more early adopters to talk to, here's my chain: DX300 (Amp12) > EA Cadmus 8W > Pentaconn COREIR Brass. Such a balanced, spacious and resolving sound.

_DSC4129.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #24 of 340
Waiting for people to get the DTE900 soon, making it easier to decide between this or the DTE900. Though, they may be apples and oranges, based on driver configuration. :D
Already loving my SR8.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 340
Butastur keeping me company at work today. While I wait patiently for more early adopters to talk to, here's my chain: DX300 (Amp12) > EA Cadmus 8W > Pentaconn COREIR Brass. Such a balanced, spacious and resolving sound.

_DSC4129.jpg
I was going to say the setup looks expensive, and then I realised it IS expensive :dt880smile: Such a lovely cable. The IEM is smaller than my imagination.

How is the soundstage?

Aug 15, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #26 of 340
Well guys I have my Batustur and what I can say thus far is simple:
Amazing!!!

It's a very very well tuned IEM following the QDC style with details and clarity being its main focus.
Bass is sufficient to give mids and highs the necessary information to complete their presentation.
If anything my personal preference asked for a little extra bass energy, but truthfully UB40 sounds perfect so this ain't even a defect but rather the way it was tuned.

Although it has switches the 10 setup yields a mild 1db boost to the bass which is unnoticed.

The 01 setting however boosts upper mids and treble but it's not necessary, lack of energy and detail is not an issue with the Butastur.
Mids and Highs are so exceptional that I thought it had EST at times.

One thing I will say, it is very source sensitive and careful matching is a must.
With the VE RA2B-FE & Prime DAC, a combo which is very organic, the Butastur was not at its best.....the matching just didn't work
However the A50s with Prime Improved things but the A50s or NX7 with Cayin-ru7 was exceptional....pure magic!

Comparisons are being made with SA6MK2 , Neon Pro , and I will try to get Anole VX again.
As for Supernova it will be hard but I can tell you the Butastur is bringing the above mentioned IEMs the "pain"

Attachments

• NO Butastur vs Dunu.jpg
    NO Butastur vs Dunu.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 0
  • NO Butastur vs Anole.jpg
    NO Butastur vs Anole.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 0
  • NO Butastur vs NP.jpg
    NO Butastur vs NP.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • NO Butastur vs Supernova.jpg
    NO Butastur vs Supernova.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
Aug 15, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #27 of 340
Well guys I have my Batustur and what I can say thus far is simple:
Amazing!!!

It's a very very well tuned IEM following the QDC style with details and clarity being its main focus.
Bass is sufficient to give mids and highs the necessary information to complete their presentation.
If anything my personal preference asked for a little extra bass energy, but truthfully UB40 sounds perfect so this ain't even a defect but rather the way it was tuned.

Although it has switches the 10 setup yields a mild 1db boost to the bass which is unnoticed.

The 01 setting however boosts upper mids and treble but it's not necessary, lack of energy and detail is not an issue with the Butastur.
Mids and Highs are so exceptional that I thought it had EST at times.

One thing I will say, it is very source sensitive and careful matching is a must.
With the VE RA2B-FE & Prime DAC, a combo which is very organic, the Butastur was not at its best.....the matching just didn't work
However the A50s with Prime Improved things but the A50s or NX7 with Cayin-ru7 was exceptional....pure magic!

Comparisons are being made with SA6MK2 , Neon Pro , and I will try to get Anole VX again.
As for Supernova it will be hard but I can tell you the Butastur is bringing the above mentioned IEMs the "pain"

Looking forward to hearing how it compares. As far as I'm concerned it is the closest I have heard to a perfect set for my tastes and library.

Maybe the tiniest nit pick would be for the bass switch to give a bigger lift across the board to about +3dB. However, even with bass switch off there's enough action and weight there.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #29 of 340
I was going to say the setup looks expensive, and then I realised it IS expensive :dt880smile: Such a lovely cable. The IEM is smaller than my imagination.

How is the soundstage?

Very spacious. Imaging is well handed too. The imaging ability reminds me of Mentors accuracy but without the metallic tonality and with less (more natural) note definition.

Soundstage is not at Mentor dimensions from memory, but thanks to gentle pinna the midrange feels open and placement very balanced with no element emphasised more than another.

I'm confident that with time the Butastur will prove competitive/better than most sets below 1k in terms of stage and imaging. This isn't hype, this is just me being honest.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #30 of 340
I agree it would have been nice if the bass switch made more of a difference. As it stands, it's just a small dash of extra bass. Like when you watch a cooking show and the chef grabs a pinch of salt and lightly sprinkles it into the dish. It's like that. SR8 and Anole VX both give a much more substantial boost with the bass switches engaged(the VX damn near become a bass monster). I've been rocking Butastur in 1-0 since yesterday, and it is quite excellent in that configuration. At least you can say no other part of the FR is compromised at all. It's a tweak versus completely changing the sound sig.

The soundstage is excellent. It has pretty much everything you want - great height, width, and really impressive depth. I probably wouldn't put it on the same level as the MEST MK3, but it is closer than you would expect. (don't even get me started on resolution and clarity) Which is a slightly bitter pill for me to swallow considering I just got the MK3 not long ago. Butastur has technicalities for days. I hate this hobby, and I also love it haha.
Interestingly enough, my delivery time got moved up from tomorrow to tonight between 8-10 PM. Guess I'll be doing some late night listening... :)

Good luck getting to sleep at a reasonable time tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back