Kenwood seems to be back at it... KH-KR900
Jan 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gelocks

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello.

Very recently got these: http://www.kenwood.eu/home/headphone/KH-KR900/

Why did I do it? I don't really know. LOL They looked good and I just wanted to try them. Even though I don't particularly like on-ear headphones, I figured I would like to listen to a straight-up non-JVC Kenwood offering. 

Early impressions: bassy. Very much so. As usual on-ears, warm signature, rolled-off treble. Doesn't seem to be particularly resolving. But they are definitely fun while not being too aggressive. I think the initial price is $150, and it kind of competes against Sennheiser Momentums on-ear. Momentums are more comfy, but in the end, a bit boring. Need way more time with them to determine if I like them but I can say for now, not bad... At $100 or less it probably could be a good buy.

Will keep you posted.
In the meantime, if you have tried them, feel free to write something up.

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 3
Dig dig :)
There absolutely no solid info on these anywhere it seems.

Please tell how is the build, which parts are plastic and which are metal (if any)? Did their sound open up after some listen?
Are the earpads replaceable?

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 3
  Dig dig :)
There absolutely no solid info on these anywhere it seems.

Please tell how is the build, which parts are plastic and which are metal (if any)? Did their sound open up after some listen?
Are the earpads replaceable?

After having them for a few weeks (that's what usually takes me to nail the sound and finish comparing against my headphones, etc.), they were not my thing. I probably sold them for like $40 or so.

Build-wise it is Ok.
Sturdy, mostly plastic. Did not sound open at all... Warm sound (too warm), wasn't able to tame that bass and in the end not as great after those first impressions. Momentums still have my vote if looking for on-ears. Better build, better materials, better pads, better comfort and better sound (even though they are warm-ish as well).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back