Feliks Audio ENVY
May 23, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #7,036 of 7,041
For a second I thought it was a new 300B. He mentioned to me that he was not able to match 300B specs since they need a different filament voltage. Although he can adapt his amps to the different needs of the tube, hitting 300B targets is not much of a priority for him.

Too bad, I was excited about another flagship 300B tube. But at this point, it would probably make more sense to upgrade the amp ...
These are at least as expensive as TM-300B.
Not sure if we want to go up that price ladder

May 23, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #7,037 of 7,041
When i glanced at the Thomas Mayer amplifiers at his website, all i found was ultra highend speaker tube amps, which i'm not exactly into.

May 23, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #7,038 of 7,041
When i glanced at the Thomas Mayer amplifiers at his website, all i found was ultra highend speaker tube amps, which i'm not exactly into.
Been there, done that. The only one for us is actually the lower cost option, think that's the only one with HP out..

Finally got around to rolling drivers this evening, stand outs have been red base (such a nice tone), Sylvania short bottle chrome tops (bit more balanced) and what's blown them all out of the water, Telefunken G73-R. These are the driver tubes I've been looking for, incredible.

B65 didn't float my boat, neither did kenrads (surprised on that one).

Melz inbound along with some ecc32 mullards and still have VT99 to try out but pretty sure the G73's will have a firm place in Envy. Need to wait for TM's to arrive before making the call but loving them with taks.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #7,039 of 7,041
Telefunken G73-R so good. :)

May 23, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #7,040 of 7,041
Telefunken G73-R so good. :)
Maybe it's just preference and genres listened to but these knocked it out of the park by a mile vs the 6SN7's for me. Well chuffed. 👌

May 23, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #7,041 of 7,041
Been there, done that. The only ne for us is actually the lower cost option, think that's the only one with HP out..

Finally got around to rolling drivers this evening, stand outs have been red base (such a nice tone), Sylvania short bottle chrome tops (bit more balanced) and what's blown them all out of the water, Telefunken G73-R. These are the driver tubes I've been looking for, incredible.

B65 didn't float my boat, neither did kenrads (surprised on that one).

Melz inbound along with some ecc32 mullards and still have VT99 to try out but pretty sure the G73's will have a firm place in Envy. Need to wait for TM's to arrive before making the call but loving them with taks.
G73's are my favorite driver tubes as well. 1960s Mullard ECC82's are next with RCA red base being very close to the 12AU7 driver tubes and my best 6SN7-like driver tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back