ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread.
Oct 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #256 of 1,522
V1 has a fairly similar overall balance but sounds too intimate and congested, IMO. Too forward and harsh in the upper-mids and lower-treble. Lacks some of the technicalities of the ZxV. With a laid-back, expansive sounding DAC + amp, it should be fine, though. I've heard the V2 is more laid-back but haven't listened to it myself.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #257 of 1,522
The V2 is definitely laid-back. The highs on them seem pretty toned down because of the slight boost to the lower spectrum that they got. It's really smooth but does give that slightly veiled impression

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #258 of 1,522
  V1 has a fairly similar overall balance but sounds too intimate and congested, IMO. Too forward and harsh in the upper-mids and lower-treble. Lacks some of the technicalities of the ZxV. With a laid-back, expansive sounding DAC + amp, it should be fine, though. I've heard the V2 is more laid-back but haven't listened to it myself.

I would agree with this, but I do really enjoy it. If the Vibro takes care of these problems I would love to own one. I really enjoy the V1 a lot, and that just makes me want to try the TOTL even more.

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #259 of 1,522

I would agree with this, but I do really enjoy it. If the Vibro takes care of these problems I would love to own one. I really enjoy the V1 a lot, and that just makes me want to try the TOTL even more.

Haven't heard the V1 or V2's but I really don't have any issues with the Vibro's treble. I can say without a doubt that these are my favorite headphones ever.

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #260 of 1,522
One final question. Do you guys have to mess with the fit much? I spend half of my time wearing the V1's moving them around on my head. I know its not a fault of ZMF, just curious if the alpha pads make this easier. I understand that it might not be a problem for any of you, but still be a problem for me. just curious

Oct 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #261 of 1,522
  One final question. Do you guys have to mess with the fit much? I spend half of my time wearing the V1's moving them around on my head. I know its not a fault of ZMF, just curious if the alpha pads make this easier. I understand that it might not be a problem for any of you, but still be a problem for me. just curious

I haven't adjusted the fit once since I initially set it. I find that the sliders are kind of sticky and hard to adjust though. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #262 of 1,522
The Alpha pads on my Vibro are uber-comfortable. I find myself leaving them pretty much alone. I also have the ZMFs with Shure Alcantara pass, and I do feel like I have to shirt them around a fair amount, I think because they just aren't a deep enough ear cup for me.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #263 of 1,522

IME the V1 is easier to fit due to the nature of the T50RP design in combination with the headband. The wood cups on the ZxV are, unfortunately, not designed in such a way that they allow for a lot of movement, so they are actually trickier to get a good fit and seal despite the alpha pads. The ZxV I tested required a lot of headband bending and adjustments for me to get a proper fit, where as the V1 required less.

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #265 of 1,522
I find it helps a lot if I rotate the A-pads back up to a third of the way. (Get the angle right on the pads before adjusting the headband.)

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #266 of 1,522
t

The fitv is very comfortable and feels very firm on your head

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #267 of 1,522
I think I'm definitely going to stick with an Ortho for my money splurge. I think it's a toss-up between these, the ADs, and the Paradox Slants.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #269 of 1,522
Yea too much information haha! Every one of them seems to be top notch cans that have had a lot of time and effort put into them. Plus they all have great feedback, so that's why it's hard for me to make up my mind.

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #270 of 1,522
  Yea too much information haha! Every one of them seems to be top notch cans that have had a lot of time and effort put into them. Plus they all have great feedback, so that's why it's hard for me to make up my mind.

The slants are suppose to the more refined of the two, but I think these are more affordable and very closed to the detail and refinement especially with the right source and amp. Also you get a great musicality 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back