Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 3, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3,271 of 6,090
  Quote:

I will try to burn them. The ebay seller is new and he was very efficient, he is purple39psc.
I really hope avoiding to send the tenore back. I was thinking to burn them with a specific frequency but I don't know which one to choose and if it's a good idea.
So bad I got this TTS :) How did you burnt them? I really hope your TTS is solved

Our sellers aren't the same...

I am not sure if mine is completely solved. Because nearly for 1.5 weeks they suffered from TTS and for the last 2 days haven't heard a sign... It's a strange problem and didn't show itself consistently every time I listen. Sometimes started after 2mins, sometimes after 15 mins, sometimes after 1-2 hours, as I remember...

I suggest you to use moderate sound levels (not too high, not too low volume), do not exceed daily 8 hours, you may use pink noise or play a full album at continues play (I did mine this way).

I will report if TTS shows up again...

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #3,272 of 6,090

Our sellers aren't the same...

I am not sure if mine is completely solved. Because nearly for 1.5 weeks they suffered from TTS and for the last 2 days haven't heard a sign... It's a strange problem and didn't show itself consistently every time I listen. Sometimes started after 2mins, sometimes after 15 mins, sometimes after 1-2 hours, as I remember...

I suggest you to use moderate sound levels (not too high, not too low volume), do not exceed daily 8 hours, you may use pink noise or play a full album at continues play (I did mine this way).

I will report if TTS shows up again...

I will follow your suggestion for burning, maybe I will send a pink noise. I hope your TTS is solved and I hope to be able to solve mine too.
I tried some sine wave 440HZ, 880 Hz, and so on, the left channel worked for about an hour but when I started to listen music it stopped in a couple of minutes :frowning2:

Jul 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #3,273 of 6,090
No amount of burn in is going to fix a lose connection or sound not coming out of one earphone. Pink noise, white noise, blue noise, rap or metal. The signal should always be coming out of the headphone.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #3,274 of 6,090
No amount of burn in is going to fix a lose connection or sound not coming out of one earphone. Pink noise, white noise, blue noise, rap or metal. The signal should always be coming out of the headphone.

The problem is: Sound is not completely lost, it's level goes down. And TTS is a strange one. There is no consistency.

And for two days my Tenore sounds fine, how do you explain THAT?

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #3,275 of 6,090

Absolutely. Level changes have to be mechanical failure of some kind. Burn in won't help. Assuming your player is fine the earphones probably have an issue.

Jul 3, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #3,276 of 6,090
Absolutely. Level changes have to be mechanical failure of some kind. Burn in won't help. Assuming your player is fine the earphones probably have an issue.

So what is helping (or who's helping) the Tenore? I have already explained my situation.

Anyway if it is going to be fine thoroughly, I will inform again...

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #3,277 of 6,090
So guys...I bought the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for about $50 and got them in January. They were a noticeable improvement to my SoundMAGIC E10s. I loved them to death. Months later I decided to buy Final Audio Heaven VI which cost substantially more money and sold the Tenores for $20 to a friend. They were an improvement in many places but there was just something missing...It didn't give me the same enjoyment as the Tenores... So I bought the Tenores again a week ago and they came in today. I remember this sound that I loved so much. The soundstage depth and engaging sound signature is what I was missing. For the price, this would be my first recommendation IEM (that I have heard) hands down. I am glad to be back to using these :)

Jul 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #3,278 of 6,090

The problem is: Sound is not completely lost, it's level goes down. And TTS is a strange one. There is no consistency.

And for two days my Tenore sounds fine, how do you explain THAT?

It's pretty frustrating, that's for sure. You think they have been cured of TTS because you are enjoying them so much, and then you start imaging that it's happening again, and sure enough it IS happening again, and it makes you very angry like hulk! Eventually you try to return them. I bought mine from Woodlanhills ebay, and they got me a replacement pair (and even paid for return shipping), so that was great service. And so far my replacement tenores have not exhibited any TTS.

So far... fingers very crossed!

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #3,279 of 6,090
  So guys...I bought the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore for about $50 and got them in January. They were a noticeable improvement to my SoundMAGIC E10s. I loved them to death. Months later I decided to buy Final Audio Heaven VI which cost substantially more money and sold the Tenores for $20 to a friend. They were an improvement in many places but there was just something missing...It didn't give me the same enjoyment as the Tenores... So I bought the Tenores again a week ago and they came in today. I remember this sound that I loved so much. The soundstage depth and engaging sound signature is what I was missing. For the price, this would be my first recommendation IEM (that I have heard) hands down. I am glad to be back to using these :)

basshead.gif
  Those are $400+!

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,280 of 6,090
:basshead:   Those are $400+!

Comparing "performance" to price on stuff from FAD is like trying to value a Rembrandt by the cost of the paint and the frame.

I see where's he's coming from mostly. The Tenore is crisper, and more aggressive sounding due to it's brickwalled sound, IMO. It has the effect of sounding more engaging.

And I dunno about the Heaven VI, but while overall usable depth on the Tenore is just a bit short of the Heaven V though probably reasonably comparable, which is really great, the V actually uses it much better with more effective imaging and full range, short to far field, dynamics, and soundstage and image height.

Personally, if you flipped the two in his sentence, and replaced Heaven VI with Heaven V, that would be my assessment: while not without fault themselves, the Tenore do things better than the Heaven V, but there's just something missing.

Final thoughts coming soon on the Tenore. Preview: they've found a happy spot in my rotation, and for good reason. But there's a wildcard. Stay tuned! (Yes I know some of you out there are still watching)

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #3,281 of 6,090
Final thoughts coming soon on the Tenore. Preview: they've found a happy spot in my rotation, and for good reason. But there's a wildcard. Stay tuned! (Yes I know some of you out there are still watching)

Wildcard .. You have my attention. :blink:

Jul 3, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #3,282 of 6,090

Sorry, I was set to ship them today and our power in town has been going off an on (storm). I'll ship them out tomorrow. They're in the package and ready to goooooooooo.

^
No worries, just ship them out when you have free tyme. This give me EVEN mo' tyme to dwell on my write-up as well, not sure which angle to do it in yet, but need to mix it up a bit since my last one. haha

It's pretty much done in essence but just need to make it mo' trollish is alls. : P

Break out the gifs and memes and anime, you have a priority package coming your way.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #3,283 of 6,090

Sorry, I was set to ship them today and our power in town has been going off an on (storm). I'll ship them out tomorrow. They're in the package and ready to goooooooooo.

^
No worries, just ship them out when you have free tyme. This give me EVEN mo' tyme to dwell on my write-up as well, not sure which angle to do it in yet, but need to mix it up a bit since my last one. haha

It's pretty much done in essence but just need to make it mo' trollish is alls. : P

Got the gold ostrys today. A few odd things.

First, the sound completely different. As in not frequency response, but actual "sound". I'm confused. But I can say one million percent that these are not the same earphones. Unless one of the has a problem that affects the entire sound of the earphones....

I'll post more soon. Have to do more listening. Very very strange. I hope this isn't another case of quality control, but these are like different earphones with a similar response. So strange. I wish everyone could hear the difference. It's having two cupcakes in front of you that look the same but one tastes completely different like the ingredients are different. However, they are both similar in some way. Very weird.

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #3,284 of 6,090

First, the sound completely different. As in not frequency response, but actual "sound". I'm confused. But I can say one million percent that these are not the same earphones. Unless one of the has a problem that affects the entire sound of the earphones....

I'll post more soon. Have to do more listening. Very very strange. I hope this isn't another case of quality control, but these are like different earphones with a similar response. So strange. I wish everyone could hear the difference. It's having two cupcakes in front of you that look the same but one tastes completely different like the ingredients are different. However, they are both similar in some way. Very weird.

Compared to the regular old silver Ostriches, I'm assuming? Crappy QA/QC?

Jul 3, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #3,285 of 6,090

Compared to the regular old silver Ostriches, I'm assuming? Crappy QA/QC?

Yes. The ones I had and the ones that were loaned to me sounded identical and very good. These sound messed up in some way. I don't think someone would be able to tell if they hadn't heard a good pair. It's hard to explain. It's like connecting an MH1 to a player like the fuze without an adapter. The sound is just 'wrong' in some way. But these don't sound miswired or anything. Just like the drivers are not configured properly or something.

For instance, the most immediate thing I hear different is that the stereo width is like TWICE as wide, literally. But not in a good way. Things aren't very distinct and don't sound coherent. It's like the sound is almost hollow in a sense,  but the frequency response sound similar to the 'good' pair I have.

Sfwalcer, have you heard any other ostrys?

I could completely see how someone wouldn't think there was anything wrong, but when you switch to the other pair you're like "what... the... heck?"  It's almost like the center imaging is completely non-existent. (exaggerating) But if there is a song with something centered, it isn't distinctly centered on the gold set, instead it sounds almost hollow and non-distinct. Imaging isn't just different in width though, it's very non-linear and "off". 

If it weren't for the similar frequency response I literally would have thought I was listening to a completely different earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back