Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 26, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #31 of 6,090
Quote:
^i like your review Wayne! Good on yah...

I only have one gripe on the DX210 and that the Bass is a bit slow for speed metal.

You should like it - most of it was yours lol!

Throw me an applicable metal link please!

May 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #32 of 6,090
^ +2 Great short and concise impressions WAYNE,  i can dig it.
wink_face.gif

May 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #33 of 6,090
Basso's bass is bigger, deeper and more texture but bass is just a little bit slower than EPH100

Soundstage on Basso also wider while EPH100 has higher treble and sweeter vocal.

For me I can not say that Basso has better sound quality they just give me for fun when I listen to music.

Ah great thanks!

I assume the bass can't really keep up with some fast kicks as well, for example in trance music.

Really feels like I made a good decision going for the Tenore.

I'm really surprised that I'm still the only one who voted for it. :/

May 26, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #34 of 6,090
I've been listening to the Tenore's some more (I do like them). The recessed mids I initially heard have filled in nicely. They have the widest soundstage of any iem's I have compared them to. The overall color of them is very slightly more "washed out" compared to the others. If I get a chance I may do a comparison of the Tenore's to a number of iem's that have been on the hype train on "Discovery Thread" or found on the "Deals Thread"

May 26, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #35 of 6,090
You should like it - most of it was yours lol!

Throw me an applicable metal link please!

Not just metal actually...

http://youtu.be/obatpj46EeU

And here's something from Pantera:
http://youtu.be/knSSL5EW9F4

Let me know what you think. To me it's when there's so much going on in the low end that it becomes more evident.

May 26, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #36 of 6,090
Quote:
I've been listening to the Tenore's some more (I do like them). The recessed mids I initially heard have filled in nicely. They have the widest soundstage of any iem's I have compared them to. The overall color of them is very slightly more "washed out" compared to the others. If I get a chance I may do a comparison of the Tenore's to a number of iem's that have been on the hype train on "Discovery Thread" or found on the "Deals Thread"

What do you mean the colour is washed out??

Please vote in the poll dude, at the moment it seems I'm the only one that has the Tenores lol

May 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #37 of 6,090
OK, let me try... Let me start with the disclaimer: I'm fairly new to this headphone stuff, and I don't have the ears or descriptive ability ClieOS or DS have. Also, I want to repeat that I really like the Tenore, and the characteristic I'm noting is really small, and noticeable on direct comparison to other iem's. The only way I can think of to describe it is by a visual analogy. It's like looking at an original painting, then the print copy in the gift shop. The details are there, but some texture and richness of the colors are missing. With the Tenore, details, soundstage is there, but the tone sounds to me kinda pale (very slight, mind you), slightly washed out. May just be my ears, curious if else hears the same thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

May 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #38 of 6,090
Soundstage, by the way, is the widest I've heard from an iem, more than phones costing 4-5 times as much.

May 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #39 of 6,090
Quote:
OK, let me try... Let me start with the disclaimer: I'm fairly new to this headphone stuff, and I don't have the ears or descriptive ability ClieOS or DS have. Also, I want to repeat that I really like the Tenore, and the characteristic I'm noting is really small, and noticeable on direct comparison to other iem's. The only way I can think of to describe it is by a visual analogy. It's like looking at an original painting, then the print copy in the gift shop. The details are there, but some texture and richness of the colors are missing. With the Tenore, details, soundstage is there, but the tone sounds to me kinda pale (very slight, mind you), slightly washed out. May just be my ears, curious if else hears the same thing.

How long have they burned in? Have you tried using different tips? With my basso's, I am enjoying the brainwavz R1 double flanged tips.

May 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #40 of 6,090
Like I said, some burn in with normal (but lots) of listening, don't have the patience for 1000 hour burn ins (40 straight days!!!!), or the open players to hook them to (like to bring my players and use them when I can). I did change tips, started with medium, and changing to large, but both pairs are from the set that came with the iem's. Haven't taken out the tip collection and auditioned all the different ones for fit and sound. I posted as preliminary impressions; maybe as I keep listening, they'll change even more (they did from my initial listening, maybe from some burn in, maybe the different tips, maybe both. There didn't seem to be any impressions of them posted yet, and lots of folks post right when they unbox the phones, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling, maybe my impressions will change, maybe others will have different impressions, I'm curious to see. Again, maybe it's damning with faint praise, didn't mean it to be, I actually do like them! 
dt880smile.png

May 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #41 of 6,090
Quote:
Like I said, some burn in with normal (but lots) of listening, don't have the patience for 1000 hour burn ins (40 straight days!!!!), or the open players to hook them to (like to bring my players and use them when I can). I did change tips, started with medium, and changing to large, but both pairs are from the set that came with the iem's. Haven't taken out the tip collection and auditioned all the different ones for fit and sound. I posted as preliminary impressions; maybe as I keep listening, they'll change even more (they did from my initial listening, maybe from some burn in, maybe the different tips, maybe both. There didn't seem to be any impressions of them posted yet, and lots of folks post right when they unbox the phones, so I thought I'd get the ball rolling, maybe my impressions will change, maybe others will have different impressions, I'm curious to see. Again, maybe it's damning with faint praise, didn't mean it to be, I actually do like them! 
dt880smile.png

No, it's all fine and good that you posted your initial impressions. As long as you are aware that the sound can change with burn in (if you believe in that), and also can change quite a bit with different tips. But you are aware of these things, so it's all good! I don't think these iems need too much burn in though - maybe something like 50 hours would suffice. I personally like to leave new headphones/iems burning in at  night with some bass and treble heavy music (some people use pink noise) at quite a high volume. I have a really old mp3 player that's only purpose in life is for that.

May 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #42 of 6,090
I believe, I believe, praise the lord, I believe (Lazy, though) LOL

May 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #43 of 6,090
Quote:
I believe, I believe, praise the lord, I believe (Lazy, though) LOL

Believe me, I believe in laziness as often as I can as well!
smile.gif

May 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #44 of 6,090
No, it's all fine and good that you posted your initial impressions. As long as you are aware that the sound can change with burn in (if you believe in that), and also can change quite a bit with different tips. But you are aware of these things, so it's all good! I don't think these iems need too much burn in though - maybe something like 50 hours would suffice. I personally like to leave new headphones/iems burning in at  night with some bass and treble heavy music (some people use pink noise) at quite a high volume. I have a really old mp3 player that's only purpose in life is for that.

Same here lol

May 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #45 of 6,090
Quote:
^i like your review Wayne! Good on yah...

I only have one gripe on the DX210 and that the Bass is a bit slow for speed metal.

So I've been listening closely to this slowness in the sub-bass and now it's seems to me that the cause is "extended" decay.
The Bassos seem to prolong the decay of bass guitars which kinda gives you the feeling of slowness in the low end.
This can be Good or Bad depending on the song and the type of genre.
In metal, it causes a mess in the presentation when it gets really busy with the double pedal bass kicks mixed with complex bass lines.

This is my analysis... feel free to correct me if it's wrong because I'm not an expert in such technical aspect of sound reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back