Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #3,094 of 6,090
We simply assume that the best sounding pairs are the intended ones. 
tongue.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #3,098 of 6,090
hi,

I've two pairs of Tenores and they sound different as well.
The first did I bought from ebay was obviously the bassy one, it thumps me right in the aural, and the mids seem to be a little bit veiled. The highs are recessed too.
The second one did I got from swmkdr as a present, when I bought a headphone from him :). And this one is REALLY great ^^ It might be the reference one, cause I had a Etymotic HF5 (with a resistor adapter) and this one sounds almost identical too it with a way better soundstage of course.

So now I've checked if there are any difference in the design of the tenores and this is what I'v noticed:
- The cable is the same size and length.
- The slider mechanism is at a different position.
- The magnet in the driver of the headphone is differently strong.

What do you think? Just a coincident or does the magnet maybe make the difference.

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #3,099 of 6,090
hi,

The first did I bought from ebay was obviously the bassy one, it thumps me right in the aural, and the mids seem to be a little bit veiled. The highs are recessed too.
The second one did I got from swmkdr as a present, when I bought a headphone from him :). And this one is REALLY great ^^ It might be the reference one, cause I had a Etymotic HF5 (with a resistor adapter) and this one sounds almost identical too it with a way better soundstage of course.

So now I've checked if there are any difference in the design of the tenores and this is what I'v noticed:

What do you think? Just a coincident or does the magnet maybe make the difference.

Thanks for the info. Which magnet is stronger?

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,100 of 6,090
Well, gonna get them from Amazon, the sister of a friend lives in USA and it's going to come to Chile on August, it's going to be a long wait, but whatever, lowest price.

Jun 25, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,101 of 6,090
hi,

Good work. For srs.

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #3,103 of 6,090
A few observations as I fell behind in this thread and spent the last couple days in catch up mode.

1.  @luisdent, thanks for the comparison between KC06 and Tenore.  Based on your observation I'm once again questioning whether I have reference Tenores or bass-heavy ones, as I find the KC06 to have the more airy mids not the other way around.  Also between the two I find Tenore's darker.  We're in full agreement on the fit and isolation and bass.

2. @Pastapipo, I hear "ts-ts-ts-ts" for KC06 and Tenore.  So more natural sounding, not smooth..

3. Magnets!  About 100 pages back, someone posted a picture of Tenores stuck together because of the strong magnet.  I tried this a few times and at most I get them to 'kiss' when hanging them side by side.  They won't stick together though.  Does that mean I don't have reference pair?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back