Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jun 24, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #3,076 of 6,090
It's ok Grayson, thanks for sharing. Just thought I couldn't hear the more bass bloom on the ER4P with the S adapter...but yes I can hear the better clarity, high frequency extension and more controlled bass...in fact the bass is a tad softer than ER4P without the S adapter from my experience but definitely more controlled with the S adapter.

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #3,077 of 6,090
Today I received two new pairs of Tenores that I had bought from different ebay sellers.

One of them (bought from seller "vonziris7bless") sounds pretty much identical to my first pair. However, the other one (bought from seller "tokyofreaks23") sounds significantly more bassy and warmer. Actually, I'd say it sounds pretty bad.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my first pair (bought from Amazon Japan) has been a  "reference pair" all along.
wink.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,078 of 6,090
  Today I received two new pairs of Tenores that I had bought from different ebay sellers.

One of them (bought from seller "vonziris7bless") sounds pretty much identical to my first pair. However, the other one (bought from seller "tokyofreaks23") sounds significantly more bassy and warmer. Actually, I'd say it sounds pretty bad.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my first pair (bought from Amazon Japan) has been a  "reference pair" all along.
wink.gif

Perhaps all from Amazon Japan are "reference pairs"

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #3,080 of 6,090
Perhaps all from Amazon Japan are "reference pairs"

Or perhaps it's a lottery no matter where you buy from. We will know if it was just a bad batch or poor quality control in general in a few months.

I've been discussing this with zero audio. I'll try to post info soon if i can.

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #3,081 of 6,090
I've been discussing this with zero audio. I'll try to post info soon if i can.

Great ! I hope you able to shed some light on why we are hearing differences in the same iem.

I'm going to hold on just a little longer before I place my order. :rolleyes:

Jun 24, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #3,082 of 6,090

Would you say that the mids and highs sound quite different to your ears (lending to this warmer sound)? Seemed like most of the other users with multiple Tenores reported variance in bass quantity while the rest of the frequency spectrum remained the same.

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #3,083 of 6,090
I've got some hours now on a pair bought from woodlandhills_cass on Ebay, and I can say it really opens up with some time. I suppose I have around 20 hours on it now, and I now notice that it's much closer to the scale of sound with the Dita Answer. This is getting absurd!!! A $56 phone.... 
mad.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #3,084 of 6,090

I have a sneaking suspicion that my first pair (bought from Amazon Japan) has been a  "reference pair" all along. :wink:  

Nice! Will you be attempting any surgical enhancement of your bassy pair? I'll be Frankensteining my bass light pair next weekish. Between us maybe be we can get to the bottom of the sound differences.

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #3,087 of 6,090
I hate this forum.
I was tempted to get the Havi B3-Pro I after reading really positive impressions about it, but luckily I found a comparison between the Tenore, Ostry, and B3. So many amazing earphones at such a low price, I want them all
angry_face.gif

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #3,088 of 6,090
I hate this forum.
I was tempted to get the Havi B3-Pro I after reading really positive impressions about it, but luckily I found a comparison between the Tenore, Ostry, and B3. So many amazing earphones at such a low price, I want them all :angry_face:
Make it so!

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,090 of 6,090
  Would you say that the mids and highs sound quite different to your ears (lending to this warmer sound)? Seemed like most of the other users with multiple Tenores reported variance in bass quantity while the rest of the frequency spectrum remained the same.

It's probably only a variance in mid/upper bass, but it makes the low end sound very dominant overall and skews the tonal balance.

Nice! Will you be attempting any surgical enhancement of your bassy pair? I'll be Frankensteining my bass light pair next weekish. Between us maybe be we can get to the bottom of the sound differences.

Yup, they'll be donated to tinkering science.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back