Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 30, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #2,191 of 6,090
How long had you been listening? Gnarlsagan had this same problem on a pair. We believe it's caused from driver back pressure not being relieved.

45 minutes.

10 hours of burn in last night, then 2 hours of listening this morning, then 6 hour break, then 30 minutes of listening, then 1 hour break, then 45 minutes of listening, then left driver issue.

May 30, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,192 of 6,090
Yeah had that same issue. What's your source? Not that I think it matters, I just want to rule out all possible causes. My left driver only got worse. It would be fine for a minute or two if I gave them a break, but that good sound would last for less and less time after a while.

The first thing I did was switch to my other source - same issue. The next thing I did was put both drivers into one ear (not at the same time lol) to make sure my ears weren't dying. Same issue.

Edit: after a 15 min break, the left driver lives! But, I sent an email to ebay woodlands to see what recourse I may have, as I'm sure it will get progressively worse (as it did for you).

Edit2: To ebay woodlandhills credit, they responded right away with some options, so they seem very good.

Edit3: Damn, that left driver sounds good when it's working! 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #2,195 of 6,090
May 30, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,198 of 6,090
  I was just curious since someone mentioned something about poking a hole in the eartips?

Things like that are very inconsistent. But the idea is probably to release pressure and thus remove pull or push on the driver. I don't know how well that would work though...

May 31, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #2,199 of 6,090
I've been listening to my friends hd580 all night. Very impressed overall. Extremely similar to the hd600. Anyway, now i'm in bed with my tenores (i told you i loved then) and they're noticeably smoother than the hd580 and extremely similar in response but more level in bass. Very impressed. Almost like the hd580 is grainier in comparison, even though they sound excellent.

May 31, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #2,202 of 6,090
Y
Seriously guys, give these a listen. This guy is absolutely great, I am a huge admirer of his.

Just breathtaking.

That last one is beautiful minus the glithchy spikes...

Here's one of my favorites.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1cQBP0Vzx8

May 31, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #2,204 of 6,090
  Oh oh, this is not good. As I was listening, my left driver suddenly got much quieter than my right driver - I'd say about half the volume. The left driver has exhibited a bit of driver flex since I got them, but I wasn't worried about that. Until now. I had iems in the past where the driver would go completely silent only to come back to life again after leaving them for a while. But even if the left driver of my tenores comes back to life, I'll be concerned about how long it will take to die completely. Major bummer!

Gonna let them rest for a bit now...

Count me in for the same exact issue occasionally, left side as well. At this point I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not but for what it's worth, sometimes I use only the left side so I can hear out of my right ear. I get driver flex out of both sides. Source is an iBasso D10 DAC/amp.

Mine were purchased from Amazon.co.jp direct (delivered by Tenso).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back