Your favorite video game characters
Nov 29, 2021 at 10:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
What's your favorite video game characters?

Mine are:

Samus Aran of Metroid games

Alucard from SOTN

Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid (MGS)
Mei Ling from MGS

Jill Valintine from Resident Evil 1 (her costume, ignore the horrid movie clip)

Sekiro from Sekiro

Devine Child of Rejuvination from Sekiro

Kuro from Sekiro

Genichiro Ashina

Ashen One (I really like the title)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #4 of 52
Hunter from Bloodborne with the Hunter outfit. Very unique in a cool way! It's the hat that tops it off. Similar to wolverine's head piece. It also gives off look of hats you wear in the jungle. Conceptually, I think it's like Simon Belmont from Castlevania series, but much evolved. I do like the fashion in this game. FromSoft has an upper hand in fashion and architecture designs.

This is what happens when Japanese game development skills evolve properly. It becomes insanely creative!

Them being called hunter is a very cool title as well. Basically, monster hunter.
5-hunter-bloodborne-artwork-big-mart.jpgupmbb-02_bloodborne_hunter_16.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 52
I really luv the artwork and influences this game takes after. High resolution, and much more finer detailed, 60+fps would do this game justice.

Lead artist behind the vision. It just baffles my mind how such level of production was achieved. How did the perfect team got together like this? You can have a great artist and bad director, and conversely. Final Fantasy series really suffer from bad directions. These guys are obviously very knowledgeable and cream of the crop! I've played many Japanese games with corny dialog, and FromSoft's dialog is so much better. And the acting as well. So, odd.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #8 of 52
Lots of great characters mentioned so far. I recently finished Persona 5 Royal, and have to say Joker is pretty great, along with Ryuji, Kasumi, and others.

persona-5-joker-art-featured.jpg

I haven't been playing Overwatch much lately but the entire roster of characters is pretty terrific. I especially like Zenyatta, the peaceful robotic monk who packs a hell of a punch.

Overwatch_ Origins Edition_20210623215321.png

And of course, gotta mention Hades as the entire cast of characters, voice actors, etc. is just perfect. Zagreus is an awesome protagonist.

2020100409133000-C7D8C4153CC9802713604F54C53304E0.jpg

Mar 14, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #13 of 52
With some exceptions, majority of Elden Ring npcs are kinda meh. The main female npcs like Ranni and Melina feels too much like anime waifu crap. DS3 had the best female designs.

Demon's Souls and DS2 had meh npcs as well. DS1's npcs had character, and of course Sekiro's had most characters. I think DS1 npcs were the best.

I forgot about the doll from Bloodborne who is based on Maria, who is probably a top boss character design in bloodborne.

Luv the voice of doll. I wonder if they got a Romanian actress for the Transylvanian sounding accent?

Maria. I think the gothic aesthetics of Bloodborne is the best of FromSoft. Their games are the real 3D Castlevanias.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #14 of 52
I generally don't like the npc characters in Elden Ring, but Sorceress Sellen is the best npc character in the game for me. I really like how they characterized her and her dialogs. I wish she was much more significant than Ranni in the game. I like Malenia's armor looks, but they didn't develop the character to be anything interesting.

If Star Wars makes a female Jedi character, this is the one.

I wish they developed bloody wolf as well. Making him into an interesting npc hero would have been cool. I see all these trailers on him, and to find out bloody wolf is not all that significant is a real disappointment. Having a chad character like solid snake would make the game cooler. Have a protagonist like Sekiro.

I feel like they could have done a lot with the glintstone arc. I find it much more interesting than the major plot in the game. Sekiro still beats this game in terms of plot. GRR Martin or not, it didn't do anything for a plot.

She also has a good lore video of Radahn. I wonder why she was interested in doing a piece on Radahn of all characters? I like the way she narrates. She's good with wording for narration.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #15 of 52
Latenna The Albinauric

elden_ring_screenshot_2022.03.03_-_21.21.56.91.png

Another interesting character than should have been expanded upon in the game. She looks like an amazonian that rides a big wolf. Very cool concept, and I like her dialogue. Later on in the game, you see a village of these people that rides wolf and fight with bow and arrow.

Edit: Just found out why she asks the Tarnished to take her with. She is a first gen Albinauric, and they loose ability to walk. Which is why they ride the wolf I belive. Which is the reason why she refer to the wolf as her half.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back