Your biggest headphones dissappointment?
Mar 16, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #361 of 363
Shure E3. When I got them, I didn't know that burn-in exist. First thought was that I paid 200$ for earphones which even don't play better than EX71. After using it for a couple of weeks I made secound comparison. It was great relief
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #363 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have similar experience with many members here. The really like the Etys sound quality but I hate it in comfort departement.

I agree. The Ety ER4Ps sound incredible - even the bass is richer due to...I don't know what - maybe accompanying crispness in the attack? (At least when listening to acoustic jazz, or my digital piano). Vocal music is a great test to hear flatness...lifelike voices are easier to distinguish from unnatural sounding ones than other instruments. And voices sound like real little-people inside my head with these headphones. BUT...they hurt!! Sometimes, attacks are so sharp they make me jump. Even at low volumes, I can hardly wear them, and my ears remain sensitive for nearly a week afterwards (I think they may produce some high-frequency resonance in my ear canals).

mine are currently for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back