You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #721 of 6,356
When you see a new piece of gear and you feel your wallet cringe.

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #722 of 6,356
When sit with your headphones connected to your amp without a source, volume cranked to max, listening with open jaw to how awsome the black/silent background of the amp is.

When you are out walking through nature at night and you say "just hear how black the sonic background is"

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #723 of 6,356
when you listen to the music in an elevator and enjoy it

Aug 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #726 of 6,356
Your GTX 460 just died. Now you have to decide between replacing it or buying a new headphone amp. The choice should be obvious, but youre an audiophile. 

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #727 of 6,356

Quote:
Your GTX 460 just died. Now you have to decide between replacing it or buying a new headphone amp. The choice should be obvious, but youre an audiophile. 

Dude, my GTX 460 just died recently too and it was never overclocked nor used with games more than a total of 3 hours. Do they have quality issues or what?

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #728 of 6,356
I had it for about one year next week. The biggest slap in the face is that I didnt buy the one year warranty, which would have expired next week. It literally died in its sleep. I woke up the next morning to find it corrupted. It artifacts even on 480p youtube videos. :/

Luckily Gigabyte has a 3 year warranty policy. Im going to RMA it. For now Im stuck with my old 7600 GT, constantly reminding me of how far technology has progressed in so little time.

Aug 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #729 of 6,356

Quote:
I had it for about one year next week. The biggest slap in the face is that I didnt buy the one year warranty, which would have expired next week. It literally died in its sleep. I woke up the next morning to find it corrupted. It artifacts even on 480p youtube videos. :/

Mine is EVGA and there's a warranty for all their products if you register. Your's most likely has a warranty if you registered. Mine failed in 3 months and I'm getting an RMA.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #730 of 6,356
reading this thread can cheer you up after a **** of a day

and the strange looks you get when you have to use adjectives to name your headphones to friends cos they cant be sure which ones youre talking about

also, that look you get when they say, how many have you got? and you try to explain...

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #731 of 6,356
U know u're an audiophile when u get suspended for verbal and/or near physical altercation with a co-worker who thinks his Bose is "epitome of high def"
u know u're an audiophile when u lie to ur uncle's widow just to obtain ur dead uncle's la scalas
u know u're an audiophile when u completely switch genres just cuz the only 24/192 audio files u can find are classical/opera
u know u're an audiophile when u don't believe flac is comparable to uncompressed lossless wav file
u know u're an audiophile when u destroyed 2TB/3yrs worth of MP3 archiving the first time u listened to 16/44.1 lossless
u know u're an audiophile when u travel from chicago to some small town in southern california to buy a custom tube amp listed on craigslist
u know u're an audiophile when u celebrate ur 27th birthday single, purchased $5,000 speakers, and tried to rediscover subtle details in the  same music u've been listening to for years
u know u're an audiophile when ur supervisor recommends u go talk to a therapist about ur emotional outburst when u hear coworkers talk about their itunes download
u know u're an audiophile when u have only 5000 albums on 2 2TB hard drives

there's a fine line between insanity, obsession, compulsion and outright self destruction quite frankly i think i blurred that line myself

Aug 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #733 of 6,356
So wrong on so many levels. I will always strive to remember the music is more important than the speed 1's and 0's, how many OHMs, wattage, and cost....

Quote:
When you delete your favourite songs because its lower than 320 kbps

Aug 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #734 of 6,356

Quote:
When you delete your favourite songs because its lower than 320 kbps

I just did that last week. Now I have no music on my hard drive and have to start all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back