You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #2,252 of 6,356
You miss the doorbell while listening to headphones, and you only realize it when you go outside for the paper and find your next pair of headphones delivered by the postman.
confused.gif

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #2,253 of 6,356
Quote:
"Zero portable"?

Yes, meaning that I never listen to my music outside my house (*room). Well not on the move. I might open my portable computer at school and choose not to be disturbed, so I'll do it out of the headphone jack.

In really noisy environments or when people around me talk and it's hard not to listen to what they say, I will listen to a waterfall just for the mask... because my portable headphones KSC75 and Blox M2C earbuds don't isolate at all.

Of course if I sit in a park to read a book or at the library I would love to have my music with me (and with silence on my side a pair of Grado, if not, a Blox M2C), but when walking or "on the go", moving to another place, I prefer to stay open to my environment. I also prefer longer, sedentary listening session.

Doing sport with music on is very fun though, and there I like to listen to it. I might return to my CX300 for that, even though I don't like the intrusiveness of the IEMs anymore.

I don't do train or plane trips just yet... but when I'll do I'll start using my Extreme Isolation EX-29 (headphone made out of a hearing protector) for playing with my Nintendo DS, or reading a book with my music on. I also want to put a Magnum driver in that headphone because stock they sound very dull and unattractive.

Quote:
You miss the doorbell while listening to headphones, and you only realize it when you go outside for the paper and find your next pair of headphones delivered by the postman.
confused.gif

Yep, frozen in the snow :p.

Grados are open back and I don't listen to them too loud so I end up not missing phone calls and alarms.

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #2,256 of 6,356
When you only have $400 saved up but already know what you're gonna do with $2000 for a portable rig (I have dreams people)

Mar 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #2,257 of 6,356
When you spend $70 on a Fiio E11 and two months later, you jump straight to a Fostex HP-P1 which is 10x the price of an E11.

Yes, that's actually my case :p.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #2,262 of 6,356
when its 5am and you need to sleep because you have a midterm tommrow, but you cant because you keep reading reviews on the AKG 550.  

Mar 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #2,263 of 6,356
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back