You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,936 of 6,356
When you stop listening to music and only listen to your gear.. 
frown.gif

Jan 14, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #1,937 of 6,356
When, your leave a university party, and the only thing you can think of is listening to music on your rig when you get back, then decide to surf Head-Fi at 4:30am.

Jan 14, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #1,940 of 6,356
while at the same time increasing impact and enhancing sparkle

Quote:
But it makes the sound more musical, and vastly improves PRaT!

Jan 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #1,943 of 6,356

Quote:
Somehow it seems to be the other way around. The more I click around "audiophile" stuff, the more gold suddenly disappears from "my pockets".

Alchemists tried really hard to turn lead into gold but always failed,

while audio gurus have no problem transforming hard-earned gold into OFHC copper!!

Jan 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #1,945 of 6,356

Quote:
Having read this whole thread I think the last thing on earth I'd want to call myself is an audiophile. I'm just a guy who loves listening to music and is willing to invest in equipment to make it sound as good as I can afford. 

That is what you would call an intelligent audiophile :wink:. The fact that we spend exorbitant amounts of money on audio equipment makes us audiophiles (sometime audio-fools lol). I would never have considered spending $1000.00 on Custom IEMs a year ago. Not even $300 for that matter...

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #1,946 of 6,356

Quote:
When, your leave a university party, and the only thing you can think of is listening to music on your rig when you get back, then decide to surf Head-Fi at 4:30am.

i do it all the time...

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #1,947 of 6,356

Or when you can only think about listening to music on your way home through your portable rig you bring practically everywhere.
I should get some CIEM's though. Makes carrying my rig around a lot less trouble.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #1,948 of 6,356
Let me guess, iPod + Mini3 + HD25?
Heh, at least yours are small enough. I use my HE-300s for portable use >.>

Quote:
Or when you can only think about listening to music on your way home through your portable rig you bring practically everywhere.
I should get some CIEM's though. Makes carrying my rig around a lot less trouble.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #1,949 of 6,356
Let me guess, iPod + Mini3 + HD25?
Heh, at least yours are small enough. I use my HE-300s for portable use >.>

You are exactly right in that. When I go to school I can luckily put my rig in my bag when not listening to it, but it isn't rare to see me wearing my cans around my neck if I don't have anywhere to put them.
Aren't the HE-300's a bit big for portable use though? You should get some dedicated portable cans or IEM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back