You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #4,786 of 6,113
At first I thought skerry2006aj was one of these "everything should be free, peace and love man!" type people but now I see, it's refreshing to see someone who isn't bashing big companies because they don't like pirating, but genuinely doesn't know what's wrong. All of these places you see movies, TV shows and films being uploaded on the internet for "free" are a) probably making lots and lots and lots of money off ad revenue and b) illegal. Perhaps because you're in Romania the companies can't do much to stop people watching, but in Europe and the US some of these websites have been blocked by ISPs etectera. It's not legal at all.

Mar 23, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #4,788 of 6,113
New CDs

YKYAAW the reason you don't let your mom borrow your headphones for her jog is because of how expensive they are

YKYAAW your mom begins to get worried about where her headphones are and you think that she sounds like you

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #4,789 of 6,113
Ohai Al-Chan! :p

YKYAA you really want a pair of CIEMs!

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #4,790 of 6,113
Ohai Al-Chan!
tongue.gif

i would advice against ciems. Universals can sound just as good, whilst easier to sell, and sometimes universals can be more confortable.

Mar 23, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #4,791 of 6,113
Ohai Al-Chan! :p

i would advice against ciems. Universals can sound just as good, whilst easier to sell, and sometimes universals can be more confortable.

Agreed. You can get the right tips for you if you look hard enough, or just go the comply route if you're not bothered.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #4,792 of 6,113

Agreed. You can get the right tips for you if you look hard enough, or just go the comply route if you're not bothered.

CIEMs are the only IEMs I plan on buying in the future, specifically because I cannot get normal IEMs to stay in my ears no matter what I try...plus nearly all the high-end IEMs I want are available only as CIEMs. But I won't get any new IEMs until after I own many of the high-end circumaural headphones on my wish list.

Mar 23, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #4,793 of 6,113
I've never tried CIEMs, and I probably never will until I end up buying an endgame, TOTL pair. Why? All the hassle with going to an audiologist/making my own impressions then sending back and forth and reshelling, maintaining etc isn't worth it if they're a £2-300 pair that I'm going to sell and upgrade from after a year or two anyway.

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #4,794 of 6,113

CIEMs are the only IEMs I plan on buying in the future, specifically because I cannot get normal IEMs to stay in my ears no matter what I try...plus nearly all the high-end IEMs I want are available only as CIEMs. But I won't get any new IEMs until after I own many of the high-end circumaural headphones on my wish list.

had you tried ie800? they are on demo on many stores... probably the only ones i would recommend, because i tested, and they are made to fit every ear out there. the only other iem i found to sound as good as full headphones are ie8..

I would never get ciems, too much of a hassle, they do not feel as good as they seem before making the impressions, the sound of ie800 has already touched the ultimate detail retrieval, nice tonality, and everything. the only reason to actually get ciems would be for performing on stage.

also, something that you cannot test before buying is not future or fail proofed.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #4,795 of 6,113
  had you tried ie800? they are on demo on many stores... probably the only ones i would recommend, because i tested, and they are made to fit every ear out there. the only other iem i found to sound as good as full headphones are ie8..

I would never get ciems, too much of a hassle, they do not feel as good as they seem before making the impressions, the sound of ie800 has already touched the ultimate detail retrieval, nice tonality, and everything. the only reason to actually get ciems would be for performing on stage.

also, something that you cannot test before buying is not future or fail proofed.

Nah, I'm only really interested in high-end IEMs better than that one, such as the JH Layla. On the other hand, I'm not interested in getting IEMs until maybe a few years from now.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #4,796 of 6,113

Nah, I'm only really interested in high-end IEMs better than that one, such as the JH Layla. On the other hand, I'm not interested in getting IEMs until maybe a few years from now.

i had had this experience, iems are just as good as headphones when it comes to listening without bothering anyone..

but if you could listen all blown out, without any restrictions, speakers would mean more at the price point of abyss. in fact, i can name a few speakers that would be better than abyss spending that much, but no speaker system really beats what you can get out of a ie800 and an x5+e12a combo, considering the price.

Mar 23, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #4,797 of 6,113
but if you could listen all blown out, without any restrictions, speakers would mean more at the price point of abyss. in fact, i can name a few speakers that would be better than abyss spending that much, but no speaker system really beats what you can get out of a ie800 and an x5+e12a combo, considering the price.

Unless you compared directly, side by side, I'm not going to take any headphones vs speakers comparisons seriously.

Also, I know a very experienced guy who says that the *right* speakers (particularly vintage) beat all headphones above $200.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #4,798 of 6,113

Unless you compared directly, side by side, I'm not going to take any headphones vs speakers comparisons seriously.

Also, I know a very experienced guy who says that the *right* speakers (particularly vintage) beat all headphones above $200.

not necessarly by comparation, but the price point of abyss permits a pretty decent setr of speakers + amp + Dac. Of course, it would still depend upon the individual, music tastes, room acoustics, and many other conditions, whilst a headphone sounds perfect without many other adjustments.

YKYAAW you dream music, for one reason or another..

Mar 24, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #4,799 of 6,113
YKYAAW you search for a way to rip your CDs in Windows 8.1

*sigh*

It's impossible to find the Rip CD button (I come from XP WMP), and I still haven't found it. I did change my settings so that it would auto-rip, and took out, then put back in, my CD.

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #4,800 of 6,113
  YKYAAW you search for a way to rip your CDs in Windows 8.1

*sigh*

It's impossible to find the Rip CD button (I come from XP WMP), and I still haven't found it. I did change my settings so that it would auto-rip, and took out, then put back in, my CD.

dBpoweramp, foobar2000, iTunes...all these programs easily rip CDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back