You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Oct 10, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #2,776 of 6,112
Indeed, getting the CD over the mp3 file will sound better mostly because of the mastering, not the bit rate/depth/etc
But hey, if you wanna pay for 96khz and have your music take up a ridiculous amount of space, go for it.

Lots of those "HD" downloads are different/better masters, so they still may be worth paying for.
biggrin.gif

In fact, I think lots of studios intentionally master the CD differently, then keep the original studio master on file, in case they decide to release it for a higher price in the future. I wish they would just give us the best version in the first place...

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #2,777 of 6,112
Lots of those "HD" downloads are different/better masters, so they still may be worth paying for. :D

In fact, I think lots of studios intentionally master the CD differently, then keep the original studio master on file, in case they decide to release it for a higher price in the future. I wish they would just give us the best version in the first place...

+1 very true..

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,779 of 6,112
YKYAAW you buy a keyboard for the way it sounds.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,781 of 6,112
YKYAAW... You consider possible relocation based upon commute time to the nearest audiophile store--

YKYAAW out of the only two people you know in Australia, one is right down the street from the only audiophile store on the continent, and the other makes electrostatic headphone amplifiers, including the legendary DIY T2!

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #2,787 of 6,112
YKYAAW.... Your insurance agent falls over when you share the value of your audio equipment!

YKYAAW you realize that you're going to need to get a new house, security system, property insurance, and who knows what else before you can safely purchase your dream audio system...because it just might cost more than your house itself!

YKYAAW "just one more song, then bed" suddenly becomes 2am, and you're still not finished listening...

The struggle for finishing an album when it will keep you up too late.

YKYAAW your typical day consists of listening to music and researching audio equipment (with necessary food and bathroom breaks)...and it gets so out of hand that before you know it, your sleep schedule is all out of whack and you stay up all night and sleep in the day like a vampire.

[For the record, I'm not trying to one-up you guys; just stating relevant facts about my life in response.]

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #2,790 of 6,112
Music Alchemist brought this thread back to life

Users who are viewing this thread

Back